Thursday, July 30, 2026

I am going to say it, I told you so.

 

Today on CNN online there are two articles, well one is a video. The first headline is for a poll that says: “Majority of voters want to unseat most of Congress”

The second appears to be a follow up to the first poll stating American voters are hungry for a change.

Well, yes they are because the duopoly failed us. I just wish they had woken up to this reality sooner. I spent decades telling people the duopoly fails us and now we are in a political abyss. It is too late in most races to get qualified independents or a new major party going, yet hopefully this frustration carries over so people start preparing for 2028.

In a weird way Trump was the first sign voters were tired of the status quo. He was elected in 2016 saying he would drain the swamp. Of course he was all talk and no action, but it was what people wanted to hear.

Now he is part of the problem because the Republicans are worthless. Yet neither party has any new plans. Well the so called democratic socialists say they are new, yet actually they are ultra liberal democrats trying to wrap themselves up in new shiny paper. They are not new. They are not change, they talk a good game, yet the reality on the ground is we need political leadership that can make hard decisions and get really creative in public policy.

We have major problems, fixable yes, but major so we need people that can stand up to the lobbyists, the current duopoly, the billionaires, the extremists and settle us down with some very specific budget planning, resetting priorities, getting us out of this totally insane Iran war situation, rebuilding trust with our trading partners and allies and more.

If you read through previous posts over the years there are multiple ideas written and rehashed, hopefully to improve, and more. If I can think beyond the crap the duopoly dumped on us, I’m sure there are other ideas too that can be utilized to improve our current needs such as improving social security, healthcare (I know many want universal healthcare and honestly I am not a fan, but if someone can come up with an AFFORDABLE option, I am all ears), improving education, changing the tax code so it favors small and medium size businesses along with the working and middle class.

There is more and if you reread the above litany of issues, you will say isn’t that what the Democrats and Republicans promised they were going to do. And yes that is why you are frustrated because they haven’t done it. Over and over again we heard the same promises election cycle after election cycle and nothing changed because the duopoly only cared about re-election, not you.

So the polling shows what I warned you about starting in the 1980’s, people made fun of me. Yet the truth was showing as far back as then and after four decades of being lied to, we have a horrible Congress, a Supreme Court that cannot apply the Constitution to anything Trump does and a President destroying our country from the inside. 

Yes you want better and I am glad, just what are we going to do about it.

And what is scary, the first issue to work on is our budget because we need to get handle on that to know what we can do going forward. It may take a few years to level off the disaster the duopoly is leaving us.

Secondarily, we need to invest heavily in renewable energy because oil and it’s by products are poison to the human body. And it always remains a geopolitical nightmare and the current quagmire is more proof that oil is our enemy no matter what Trump and the oil industry tells you. We may never get completely off it, but over a decade ago I started writing ideas to transition us off oil that would make the economic change work.

Problems can be solved, who do we elect to solve them is the first step, yet right now it is not the Democrats and Republicans creating answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment