Sunday, August 16, 2026

It wasn’t/isn’t that difficult, why the modern disasters tick me off and so does this country

 

You read in the news the historically low lake levels in the west or the flooding in the Midwest as we head into hurricane season. Maybe we get lucky this year and El nino floods the west’s lakes and lessens the impact of hurricanes. Can we count on it?

No. You cannot count on anything with nature so you should always be contingency planning and that is without even thinking about climate change. Yet the short sightedness of our current political system is actually destroying us. And I am not talking generally about a two party system, but our current duopoly. And I do not care if you think I am beating the same ole drum because until you wake up and hear it I will continue to pound. And because it is this same duopoly that is destroying this country.

And all the people who still call themselves Republicans and Democrats will say no it is the other party. Which is one of the biggest aspects of the problem. The intense partisanship hate, finger pointing, yet even more important the lack of either side to actually figure out solutions to problems. So instead of finger pointing, stop for a moment and realize what has my party actually done. If you are honest with yourself, and I know this is a stretch because being honest with yourself is difficult, I struggle with it too, then you will see how little is done for you. Yet right now let’s talk about the country as a whole.

Starting 15-16 years ago I started writing ideas to alleviate what is exactly happening to this country today. Forget climate change, just think about things like an El Nino or other catastrophic climate events that happen without climate change. And if you realize climate change is a possibility then why weren’t you working hastily on alleviating some of the projected problems. No, instead you sat around with your nose in the air and told us the sky was falling and never created an umbrella. Complete silence on solutions or as what I did, offer ideas to combat the disasters befalling us. Everyone said quit pumping CO2 in the air and all will be well while watching the planet continue to consume fossil fuels like it is candy. You needed more and sat there and complained about the greed of the fossil fuel industry, which is undeniably a problem, but never ever said until this stops what are we going to do about potential disasters that existed even before potential climate change.

And others spoke of similar solutions, yet like me screaming into a partisan divide so large that our voices couldn’t even reach the canyon walls to even echo loud enough for the vast majority of the country to hear.

If you are a diehard Democrat or Republican you are part of the problem and not the solution no matter what you continue to say to yourself. We need new ideas, and at this point the ideas aren’t even new, they aren’t heard.

So if you are one of the people that thinks Trump can fix everything or one of the people who stick their nose up at the vast majority of the country and lectures us like a jaded community college professor; you are the problem. You have done more damage than you can imagine. And the vast majority who get stuck believing in either party because they dominate the political system get screwed by your ineptitude for public policy and general ability to think.

So again and again I say this we need new parties, or people in each party, I really don’t care, I just don’t see it in the duopoly to start thinking. And not just thinking outside the box, just thinking.

Again starting fifteen or sixteen years ago, I started proposing solutions with how to pay for it without just taxing us to death, yet it fell upon death ears. And again others have offered similar solutions, even those with greater credentials than me, yet the political earwax has clogged up the system so bad no one hears. And if you are reading this on Tumblr, Wordpress or Substack, the original blog is on blogspot or blogger. I started using the other platforms over time so go find the original and it is in plain black and white on your computer screen.

I feel for the vast majority of our country living with the flooding or concern for lack of water or the high price of electricity and I most emphatically put the blame on the duopoly lying to the people of this country just to hold onto a false sense of power. Absolutely abominable what they are doing to this country.

We can still rectify the problems if we can get past the partisan madness being shoved down our throats.

No comments:

Post a Comment