Friday, December 10, 2010

Introduction

Welcome to one of the millions of blogs you can read. I have for years debated about writing down my thoughts and ideas, but never created a blog or anything else to follow up. I finally gave in to the temptation to just spit it all out. The tone of this blog will hopefully be pretty interesting and the postings at times will be random. One thing I want to do is be positive or at least present ideas that I consider solutions to many of the problems this country faces going forward. At this time many people are angry with the direction our country is headed. And the debate about what to do is pretty intense. I hope to use this to try to keep a level head, present solutions that probably others have also mentioned etc but with my take (some maybe original you never know), and at times talk about how great life can be. I call this Dallas area opinion because I live in the Dallas area and yes some of the posts will be about life around here. There is a local sports caster that uses the phrase "sunshine and daffodils" when he wants to be positive about a local team. So I will try to have that attitude with my posts. If you actually decide to read a few posts you may find it hard to determine if I am right wing, left wing, liberal, conservative or moderate. I feel too many people rely on labels and not look at the best idea. Also I have differing opinions on what is liberal and conservative than most. And yes I am going to get started on democrats and republicans because neither is representing the people of this country well. Too many trite phrases, old worn out ideas, and nothing productive is coming from either party. And this is sad. I will be discussing ideas not based on established ideas of what is left and right, but ideas based on well,,, new ideas or adapted ideas. One final thought before I sooner or later start my random posts. I am going to make reference to a particular individual that because I reference him (again with people labeling) some may say I agree with all his opinions etc. Well I probably will with some of them, but I am who I am. The individual unfortunately blew his brains out a year or so ago and if you actually read his work over time you can't say you didn't see it coming. I don't believe in a person taking their own life or any life so I don't condone the act just understand it. Anyway he was the creator of something called gonzo journalism and I always enjoyed reading his material. I bring him up because gonzo journalism to me can be considered the father of modern blogging in an indirect way. You may not agree or see the connections, but I think some credit to rambling thought in modern America via the blog should be given to the creator of quick thinking fast posts of an immediate interpretation of what a person sees in life. Its a wonderfully chilly morning in Dallas, Texas today, have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment