Thursday, July 28, 2011

Comments on Jon Stewart's comments

I am a huge fan of the Daily show and Jon Stewart. I feel he has a pretty good take on what is going on and he is funny. I understand what he does is humor etc, but the other night he touched on something I think he should have taken another approach. Reason is purely from my advantage point , but I did laugh. He was talking about the speeches on Monday night and one of his comments was about the President asking the American people to write to Congress. He went off about isn't that Obama's job to speak to the Congress and had a few jokes around it.  All in all it was part of a much larger bit he was doing.

I know no one will really give a rat's back end about me commenting on Jon Stewart's bits, however, I do believe the American people should be heavily involved in writing Congress right now.There is way too much influence peddling going on in Washington for the American people not to have their say.And with Democrats and Republicans parting like the Red Sea Congress needs to realize there is more at stake than their egos.

Yep, this is cry in the wilderness times, but soon the epitaph  may be written on democracy if more people don't get involved. I just hate watching the greatest document ever written by man alone get thrown out with the trash because of apathy and for a few pieces of silver (private lobbyists). God save the Constitution, the Constitution is dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment