Sunday, November 3, 2013

I do not know where to start


The news is already lighting up with political rhetoric about both democrats and republicans/tea party. The Wall Street Journal online had an article about establishment Republicans getting ready to fight back for control of the party. The associated press had an article about Democrats getting ready to support Hillary already. And of course all the posters and trolls are all over these stories and more.

There were so many comments I wanted to respond to I felt overwhemed. And thank goodness I didn't. I try as best as possible to take the positive and constructive route. So with that spirit in mind I am going to use the next few posts to break out a few posts that show why the democrats are over confident, the tea party is gaining more support than the establishment republicans and democrats realize, why the establishment republicans are clueless about their problems, why the tea party is not the answer, well actually why any of the three groups mentioned not the answer, and finally and going back to the constructive and positive theme what I would write as a platform writer for my progressive conservative party if it actually came to fruition.

Yes a bunch to discuss so will be covered over a few posts and right now I don't know which order or if I will mix up the topics as I go along. I do know I will have one post specifically to the platform.

One thought I want to get out is the reason for being very specific about a specific platform is that the other three groups don't have a vision any more. All three groups are locked into being on one side of a variety of issues. No one has a vision anymore. We are just arguing crap year in and year out. One of the post comments brought up an interesting fact and even quoted the source about how different voting groups voted. Pretty interesting tidbit of info, but what it showed me is that our politicians don't see a country anymore, but voters as commodities that need to be cultivated. And yes I know any astute person has seen this coming for a long time.

I am starting to ramble because my brain is overloaded with thoughts. This is why I know I am going to need to break this out, so hopefully I can hold onto it all and put together a few coherent posts.

One point I want to add is that I will break out my platform into two major themes. First is problems to solve like the budget, debt, social programs etc and second a vision for our country that accepts the notion that we are a changing nation, but we can still keep our fundamental values and principals going forward to remain a great nation. One of the problems establishment Republican and tea party trolls are having a hard time accepting.

No comments:

Post a Comment