Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Back to some of the usual madness


And it only to Mick Mulvaney to bring me back to insanity. Gee whillickers Mr. Wilson, Congress people even admit they are screwing the people.

And if this is not more proof to the pudding that we need new parties, where do I find it? Yes, I know there are some headlines that say there is bi-partisan outrage about his comments. Where is the action?

Seriously, watch what happens…nothing, no new bills from either party or nothing they expect to pass. I have said this before that you will never be able to illegalize lobbying. You can put serious boundaries on it. My suggestion in the past was and is, no money given to campaigns etc… and all lobbyists can only speak to Congress in open session/committee meetings. They have no right to have more access to Congress just because they are throwing money around. Yes, Mulvaney covered his bases a bit saying I would always give my constituents time. This still does not give him the right to throw around access based on money.

And he said this to bankers giving them advice on how he can avoid doing his job of protecting consumers assets at their banks. And how you ask? BY LOBBYING AGAINST THESE PROTECTIONS his agency is suppose to be enforcing.  How bad will it get?

We need new major parties because the ones we have are so self-serving they cannot see how despicable they have become. And the pretentious left can scream all the want about Democrats not doing this,,, yeah right. If they didn’t, we would have legislation that prevented this crap a long time ago.

And by accident I am learning what life was like before cell phones. My phone went wacko last week. And yes I have not gone to my local carrier’s store to buy a new one yet. I do not know if I am being anti-technology or being lazy. Probably lazy. I could have gone last night but went to dinner instead. It was nice here, had the street tacos and a couple cervazas at a local outdoor hangout. Yep, gotta agree much more fun than trying to decide how much technology I need on a device in my pocket. And even though they weren’t Coronas, sure made me want to spend a few nights on a beach with my better half and those same cervazas.

And today a mild cool front came through, so no outdoor dining tonight. We have been averaging one cool front a week. And this is good. We aren’t averaging the 90’s yet so no $900 air conditioning bills for now. 100 degrees will come and so will the bills, just great delayed for as long as possible.

It probably won’t last, but I am routing for Utah over OKC, Indiana over Cleveland, and if Houston, Cleveland, and Golden State all don’t make the finals; more power to the NBA. They have a few up and coming stars and time for them to get their due. It will probably be Houston or Golden State in the finals. The East is much more up for grabs. Philadelphia looks good. I haven’t seen much of Toronto in the playoffs, but they had a good year. And who knows maybe Indiana will surprise and move on. I am glad for them that some of the moves paid off since they lost so many other players recently. Yet, you know, I am still a Mavericks homey all the way. Next year is still next year for me. For now, I am routing for the underdogs.

Enjoy your spring everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment