Friday, June 18, 2021

HEY!, we are civilized drunks here

 So the Mavs saga will continue, most of us will never know the whole story, we just have to accept change has happened and hope for the best and hopefully the Mavs take steps forward next year. Until then, we will cry in our beers and complain about the Cowboys.

I like wine, especially with food. And this includes those stupid cheese trays or boards or whatever. Actually I started drinking in my twenties and have not learned a damn thing, except certain dark berry flavors are my preferred red wines. Yes, I know all the wines come with hints of this and hints of that, it is the dark berry hints I prefer. 

I also like Pinot Nior along with Cabernet Sauvignons. It breaks up the monotony to try new wines regularly and as I have gotten older I am very open to all that there is to try. In fact, I prefer new varieties. I do not like Moscato though. For some reason it is popular, but instead give me a Riesling if you want a decent sweet wine. Anyway we spent a day and a half in Napa Valley recently and I could go back. The problem being we didn’t spit anything out. We went to the smaller vineyards and just had glass after glass after glass and you do lose the joy of tasting something new because, well, you have had glass after glass after glass. I enjoyed the overall experience and as time goes on, maybe I will be a bit more civilized and follow through on the actual true wine tasting.

Nothing like procrastination. I am suppose to be writing something for another endeavor and well, here I am. Tomorrow will be another day and hope to spend it with friends with good wine and good times, maybe a bit of this fancy rum we just bought. It is always dangerous to go to the tasters at the liquor store, more so than the wine tasters, but when you get to taste $100+ bottles of liquor for free, you have to go for it. And no we didn’t spend $100+, we bought the more reasonable version, but still a pretty penny. 

And to all you that have children, Happy Father’s Day


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment