Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dog days of summer

Well we lost the string of 100+ days the other day, we came within 2 days of breaking a record. Oh well, it got below 100 for a couple of days, then wham back to 100 and a new streak begins. We still need rain like crazy all over Texas and other parts of the country.Of course it is flooding somewhere else.Nature isn't into balance lately.

oh yeah have I mentioned desalination before,,,,it boggles me that we aren't leading the world in developing this process. Helps agriculture, helps overall water situation, reduces pressure on our lakes, creates jobs, directly and indirectly,,,,, yeah there are some hurdles to overcome, but other countries are making breakthroughs.

Here we are suppose to be the greatest country in the world and the most common sense projects are left by the wayside. If we want to continue to lead the world economically we need to step up and show leadership with action.

Haven't seen a Ranger score this evening yet, but we are now in mid August. I promised myself I wouldn't  pay attention till Sept,,,, but  I hear good things coming out of Arlington.

No comments:

Post a Comment