Monday, August 8, 2011

Reading someone else's blog

On Jack Cafferty's CNN blog today he asks what will it take to change things in Washington today. And there were some typical blame the other guy quotes or get rid of that group stmts., and a bunch about term limits.

Really though to fix what is going on in Washington you have to look at some of the root causes and there are many, but here are three quick topics.

1) People can't keep blaming the other guy, we need real honesty about who is at fault and that is everyone. Yes some at different levels,but we are all responsible and that leads me to
2) Distractions. Yes, more time is spent on facebook, reading about the local NFL team's training camp, Hollywood insider, you name it, but more Americans spend so much time on what distracts them than dealing with real problems how can you blame Congress for listening to lobbyists, they are the only ones talking to Congress.( unfortunately with way too much financial influence also. So instead of term limits we need lobbyist  reform).
3) Education, back in the 1950's we had a chance to build the greatest education system in the world, instead we chose mediocrity and then mediocrity begat mediocrity etc till now, most Americans really don't understand what is going on and what it means to be a responsible citizen.

It is not that we have to give up what we enjoy,,, that is part of what makes our country so great having the time to do things, but we have to realize it is more than a financial crisis facing our country, but a fundamental understanding of what it means to hold our elected officials accountable to us the people.

Now hear is a fun complaint,,,I wish I had more time to read other blogs etc, I use to be a political junkie, read everything and even now would love to go back to school and finish or start a new Master's program or even a PhD. I even have tons of ideas for economic development here for this country. I need to force myself to find the time if this is what I love, ( again we all have to take our own responsibility)but this afternoon I am actually on hold with the IRS, yes the IRS and to have to be dealing with them with all the craziness in Washington,but I have been on hold with them for over an hour, so I started reading around the internet and of course thinking of my own comments. Actually it has been well over a hour,  oh well they finally answered. Yeah,,, I think

Oh yeah and I am a little guilty about paying too much attention to my favorite teams also

No comments:

Post a Comment