Saturday, July 6, 2013

One is finally done



Much to my surprise and still have some work to do, but I finally self published one of my short stories on an ereader book site. I have been working off and on with a few stories and books, but worked on finishing this one for a reason. It is a simple story and doesn't have the edge that my other stories will hopefully have, but I do have a reason for trying to finish this one first.

The story is called The Red Chair and is available on the website www.Smashwords.com It is only 99 cents so not much of an investment to give it a try. I really don't know how you like to search, but I checked it by going to the search box for the website entered The Red Chair and a few options came up. I had to scroll down a bit and unfortunately it was paired in a box with something of a horror story. Quite the opposite of my story. I tagged it as a family book so you might search that way also, but there are tons of family books to scroll through. I hope to get some minor adjustments done so it will be added to their premium catalog soon. Got a couple of things to do that will take up the next few days so it may be a week or so before becoming widely available. Also remember I am admitted type L personality (lazy)

I ask that you give it a try and if you like it please let friends, family etc know to to buy it. If you don't like it, well it is only .99. It is for ereaders, but I think you can download a version to your computer too for the 99 cents. I put it on the website and haven't really looked at what you can do.

In a couple of weeks I will post some thoughts on dealing with certain problems our society and the world faces and hopefully will be able to transition into why this story falls under that topic. Anyway I am a bit overly excited for uploading a short story to a website. I have to add some work to get it accepted into their premium catalog which allows it to be sold on the major eretailer sites like Apple and others.

I self published, but more scary I self edited so any feedback is greatly appreciated. You can find my email address under my profile page. I may have rushed this a bit to get something out, but sooner or later you have to take the plunge. I can do slight modifications going forward so will save those for any glaring errors anybody finds. You can sample a bit of it before buying, but hopefully you will help out a struggling artist (lol) and give the whole story a chance.

Soon I hope to have the second short story done, and after that my first full length novel. So again any feedback is greatly appreciated to help me become a better writer.

Or to put it simply... buy the darn thing.

Otherwise its Texas, its summer, and it hot. Going to wait a bit more before becoming too excited for the Rangers. Last September still irks me.

No comments:

Post a Comment