Thursday, September 8, 2016

Can’t we be more creative than….

…liar liar pants on fire

Seriously folks you would think with all the posts on each of the two candidates all the hater trolls would do a much better job of insulting the candidates.

As regular readers know I am not a fan of either Presidential candidate so I will forgo talking about them tonight and talk about (complain) how sad the posts are in all the news stories. Yes, I keep promising I will avoid reading them like the plague, but you know I also keep saying I am going to cut back on coffee, Dr. Pepper and ice cream. No, I haven’t lost that 20 lbs. yet.

It is a sad state of affairs when hundreds if not thousands of people spend infinite amounts of time posting all sorts of hate on the internet and yet the creativity day after day is seriously lacking. It is juvenile name calling and both sides saying the other candidate lies. Well occasionally you read the well written piece of satire on the particular story, but way too few and far between the other inordinate garbage. And yes I am not one to complain about this since I am not any better of a writer, yet there is so many posts you think the law of averages would allow for at least a reasonable minimal amount of decent humor or satire. No! It ain’t happening.

So let us hope that sooner or later as we get closer to the election a larger crowd will contribute to the madness and the overall quality of condescension will increase. Otherwise reading over and over again that Donald and Hillary are liars will probably do me the favor of actually quit reading all the posts due to the extreme amount of boredom and repetition. Come on America I have faith in you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And on another election topic I will be posting my humble, or maybe not so humble, opinion about what I would like to see in the debates and I will do that a bit closer to the first one, however, after Matt Lauer’s apparent disaster with the special he hosted with Ms. Clinton and Mr. Trump that I thought I would discuss a bit about the press. To be fair I did not see the show yet the amount of criticism in the news makes me want to comment. Nothing decent about it, just want to jump on the complain about something bandwagon.

Seriously though I hope we see some pretty good preparation by the moderators and are able to address any conflicts in information or follow up with inconsistencies. One criticism for Mr. Lauer was he did not address Mr. Trump saying he never supported the Iraq war. That piece of information would be pretty common knowledge even though it has been over ten years ago so he probably should have pushed back on this information. I do not believe the press will be able to push back on any and everything the candidates say. There will much discussed and hopefully new info or a new position, but like I mentioned I do hope they are much better prepared or willing to address the inconsistencies.

Is it too much to ask that these debates produce some worthwhile discussions? Some of the responsibility for this falls on the candidates and some on the press/moderators so tonight I stress the need for the press to do their part. Again I will broach this subject in a week or two with more about my expectations for the candidates and the press.
And as mentioned in a previous post, I am very willing to represent the “other” vote in the debate or be a moderator representing the “other” constituency. All it takes is $250,000 for each debate. See I am not too greedy. (okay maybe I am hoping for book royalties ha ha ha) I will be glad to step up to the plate and show America some real ideas about how to make America great again.

Cheers all. And for all the young people, back in the day we use to say way back when for back in the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment