Monday, December 19, 2016

Dallas stuff, insanity, garbage and well….




Just another crazy unproductive day at work. And yet worked hard all day….mostly

The better half and I were driving around Dallas this past weekend doing some shopping, eating, and running around. We drove past some places that bring back memories; unfortunately, many long gone.  Does anyone remember Abbey Inn by the old Medallion Center? I was definitely craving a hamburger after driving by where they use to be. Keller’s is still nearby, but an Abbey burger, boy those were some good times.   Did a bunch of driving around middle east Dallas; just one memory after another. The Village had all the trees lit up along Southwestern. Long time apartment area primarily for singles and young couples. This area has been around forever. Old Town is nowhere near the same, yet still relatively popular. Dallas’ first Fridays was in Old Town and there has never been a Fridays like it since.

Northpark is still one of the prime retail areas in Dallas, but you know you are a true Dallasite if you remember the Orange Julius there. Or even better, the fact Woolworth use to have a shop in Northpark. Now sheesh   people would have a heart attack if someone tried to put a discount similar store anywhere near the place. Heck, there just isn’t a store like Woolworth’s anymore.

I haven’t looked at the news,,, did the electoral college vote. I am pretty sure Mr. Trump is going to be President even with all the hoopla.

Only real concern is if the Russians did hack the election why are so many alt right and conservatives more concerned with their egos instead of realizing we do need to find out. Just friggin insane. You know I don’t want Ms. Clinton either, but you must be sure. Or just think: Putin got Trump to do his dirty work with China, and will probably get better relations with China once Trump blows it completely and Putin leaves him out in the cold. Too easy to think of all the disasters facing this country if Putin is helping and or benefiting from a Trump Presidency.  And yet our most wondrous so called patriotic people are all on board for Russian supremacy via a Trump disaster. Can’t the electoral college still vote for someone else besides Trump not named Clinton…. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And still upset about corporate world trying to tell me how to be a customer. At some point there needs to be a consumer response to being herded like cattle into corporations making more money and giving inferior service. It is my money till I spend it, yet most people except that the corporations want them to spend it their way. Once upon a time we believed that businesses had to earn your money with a good product and good service. “the times they are a changing”   and different from what Bob Dylan meant. Hell, treating the customer as number one priority is the only swamp that is being drained under Mr. Trump.   

And back to Trump,,,,,,,, I hate saying I told you so when I said he was a false prophet and would only really support his billionaire friends, but look at his cabinet choices and well I told you so.

Go Cowboys, still impossible to believe.

Go Stars, hang in there and


Well Go Mavs, please hang in there

1 comment:

  1. As the blogger I am curious as to why you posted this and in Arabic. I do not know Arabic so I used an online translator and got this is something about detecting water leaks. I went to a website that your comment references and saw it written in Arabic with pictures of plumbing.

    At this point because I am just dumbfounded as to why this was posted I am going to leave it. If I am ever informed it is something different I will delete it.

    Curiosity killed the cat so I hope I am not a cat.

    ReplyDelete