Thursday, October 5, 2017

Convenience is killing us and other innocuous thoughts

Well one of these days I am going to get back to my latest story and at this point it may be only important to me. And that is okay. Sometimes just getting lost in something allows my brain to rest from all the anxiety the world causes. Making up something as I go along is relaxing because if I contradict myself, well it only messes it up a bit. I can move on and create something new the next time.

And speaking of anxiety, it seems the more we make our lives easier the more dangerous it becomes or the lazier we become. I do not know if it is because I am getting older or what, but just putting a new trash bag in the trashcan is difficult or so it seems. I know it isn’t, but sheesh it seems the biggest hassle. I used to love working outside even in the heat Mowing the lawn or digging something up always was good for the soul. Now walking a mile is tiring or worse just aggravating. I keep up my walks though since I am blessed to be able to walk to work, both my employments, one for the day job and one fun job.  So, I guess some convenience is good.

And you know of all the data breaches, email problems, work computers going down, hackers, fear of bank accounts being drained by internet thieves, our identities being stolen, all so the large corporations can make more money and lay more people off. Yes, convenience is great for our country; not sure exactly who in our country, but that is what they tell me. It is nice if we didn’t have to worry about our lives or our lives were really easier, for now though I am not downloading any new apps or signing up for new autopays. And I may reduce the ones I have set up, but you know how that is, too much hassle.

There is nothing like laying or sitting quietly with a fan blowing. Doesn’t matter if box fan, ceiling fan, oscillating fan or any other fan; as long as just the humming sound of the fan is going and no other noise with the fresh breeze hitting you, there is nothing like it.  Too bad every day doesn’t give us the chance to enjoy an hour or two to just half sleep with a fan on and the comfort of a loved one next to you. We go and go and go like crazy and never enjoy a day. So, take a moment, turn on the fan and rest mind body and soul for a moment. It doesn’t hurt.

Here is some advice for young lawyers, old lawyers, successful lawyers; when the Judge says I am going to grant you the relief you are asking BE QUIET. Do your client a favor and stop talking. Just stop.  It is maddening to watch highly educated even some that are smart do stupid things especially when it is someone’s else’s situation they are advocating. It ain’t your money, so stop talking. (You may think so, but it isn’t). Proves the old saying: better not say anything and let people guess rather than opening your mouth and prove you are a fool. A Judge doesn’t have to be a woman to change their mind.


It became muggy as heck and somewhat hot again here in North Texas, hope your fall is better. The Great State Fair of Texas is in full swing and I am fearing I may not get a chance to go. Life isn’t grand if you can’t eat one or two State Fair Corn dogs every year.  The half glass of wine leftover from a bottle opened last week is finished and I think I am too for the day. Oops got clothes to hang and fold, what a chore……

No comments:

Post a Comment