Saturday, January 13, 2018

Trying to remember, trying to make it better


As usual the title means little except for I had some examples in my head that showed how a representative Republic is suppose to work. You remember that New Year’s resolution I made to jot down my ideas so I wouldn’t forget. Well I didn’t write them down or make note and now I forgot. So, the only example I have is the tax reform which is the example showing our representative republic isn’t working.

Generally, the majority is suppose to rule with the minority’s rights protected or their livelihoods protected. This is one of the major premises behind our working form of government that our founding fathers gave us. The moneyed have certainly screwed that up, now haven’t they. If the majority still ruled and the government represented us, then the tax reform would have looked much different. Instead the 1%ers drank an inordinate amount of champagne this past New Year’s Eve and not the kind you buy at the grocery store.

And now the uber rich are making plans to spend money on the 2018 mid terms to make sure their little pets stay in office. And the Democrats are woefully absent when it comes to new policy, people who can excite you into voting for them. And to continue the broken record; WE NEED NEW PARTIES; NEW LEADERSHIP; NEW!

I had tried to have examples of how our representative republic is suppose to work so I could be positive going into this year.  I shake my head at myself.

And the other day in church of all places I started wondering does the universe revolve around a center? Our moon revolves around our planet, our planet revolves around its axis and the sun. The sun revolves around the center of the galaxy. Whose to say the universe as a whole isn’t revolving around something. Could it be its own center? Or are there many universes revolving around a center? The way I saw it in my head it was one universe rotating around a center. Possibly the center is the beginning of time or what is commonly referred to as the big bang. It was a very dynamic picture in my head.

Over the last couple of weeks I had other ideas. And nothing to write. I need to have someone slap me upside my head so I remember to write quick notes when I think of something. Instead I wonder through the day, thinking I’ll remember it later. And I know how well that has worked. And still???? Every once in a blue moon I will text myself, yet this whole year……..nothing. I am still shocked I remembered the universe picture.

And finally tonight I am sharing some info on an organization dedicated to getting independents elected: “The Centrist Project” is changing it’s name to Unite America.  Here is a bit of their post announcing the change:

Our new brand strongly reflects our core belief that it’s our unity, and the values we share in common, that has always been the source of our nation’s strength.
E pluribus unum. Out of many, one.
Unite America is the “why” of our movement. It’s a call to action that can galvanize our supporters and candidates alike: Unite.
It’s an identity that anyone who shares our vision can adopt, without having to abandon any other affiliations; all of us can be Uniters. And it’s a brand that will serve to link a growing network of local and state organizations: e.g. Unite Colorado.

At least someone is productive this year. Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment