Sunday, March 24, 2019

It is a beautiful spring day here in North Texas, but the world is off


I am too lazy to be lazy today. I do not have the blahs or anything else, just no desire to make effort to do anything including the effort to not make effort. And this is happening way too much lately.

Spring fever has never been my friend. I get travel lust bad this time of year, but even that is muted right now.

Maybe it is because we need change in this country and unfortunately the only people making any effort for change are the alt and extreme right and the far left. Not a good combination. And Trump’s total disregard for everything that made this country great is a bit tiring.

And I have to say, I worked my way through college, my parents gave me a small allowance and some money towards tuition, but I paid the majority of it so this cheating scandal is a bit much for me. And what do I tell my children who have or are working their way through school. Each one of them is making it with a combination of small amounts of aid, loans, and working at the same time. My oldest has already graduated, the second never finished, but has managed to find a nice career without a college education through hard work, the  younger children are finishing up soon and one is taking longer because that child is mainly working full time and going to school and also had to work through some learning moments in life. Overall though each one has contributed heavily to their own success. So, again what do I tell my children when you hear about the cheating scandal or when Dr. Dre brags about his daughter making it on her own, but many people are pointing out he gave tens of millions to the school she applied. Do schools look at applications blindly? Who knows, but it doesn’t look good.

And I know tens of millions of parents are wondering the exact same as I am. What do they tell their children? This is suppose to be the country of opportunity, not elitism, but money in politics and education is definitely taking a huge bite out of the future of our children. Change is needed.

Hopefully warm weather is headed your way soon, if not already there.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment