Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Scattered notes from the middle of the spectrum or politics suck


So I would talk about sports and right now that sucks since I live in Dallas, our only immediate hope are the Stars and they keep underwhelming. Lets hope they make a decent run at the playoffs.

Now I just did say sports suck and that is for Dallas, for the country no sir, we have March Madness at our doorstep and this is one of the greatest sporting events in the world,  for the competition, the emotions, the fans, the athleticism, the joy, the heartbreak, that moment when one second is all that matters, yes indeed our Madness is undeniably a great time.

Okay okay, nothing exciting going on around here though. We actually have the Mayoral and Council race heating up, but I just cannot get into it. None of the candidates can elicit even an ounce of excitement. Occasionally we get some good moments in local politics, but not this year for the moment.

I made a note to myself about somehow we need a moderate with a big S on his or her cape to come along and save the 2020 election. And this isn’t even my note. Hopefully a moderate conservative will successfully challenge Trump in the Republican primaries or a moderate Democrat under 70 comes along and pulls that party’s head out of its rectum. It doesn’t look like either is going to happen, but this country needs it.

Then I have some other note about the elitists and donor class are shooting themselves in the foot. Right now God only knows where I was headed with that thought. I think it was more than just the ultra left leaning Democrats touting their ideology. Something else triggered that response in my head and texting it to myself. I must be at the age where I need to spell the whole thing out so I can remember it.

Hope you get to enjoy March Madness starting this weekend. That and some much needed warm dry spring weather.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment