Wednesday, January 1, 2020

It’s a good day to get excommunicated.


Happy New Year everyone, and well it is the 8th day of Christmas so Merry Christmas. 
So what gives, why today do I seem to throw my faith away? 

Today is the day I ask the world for a new name. The word God has become so cheapened by society that God is losing influence over us at an astounding rate. 

And why now all of a sudden do I think the word God is overused and has lost touch with our real creator. I mean we have had false Gods, mythological Gods, people will say wow that girl looks like a goddess all throughout history. And we have had societies lose their moral compasses before, decline, yet mankind comes back and the belief in an all-powerful creator comes back to lead the reemergence of new societies and countries. 

Christianity has survived many tumultuous events and still the Bible written in the 4th-century guides Christianity today. Yes, there have been some rewrites to change some practices yet generally, the same message and stories remain.

The Scrolls have survived and the belief of one God continues even though the believers of Judaism have been scattered throughout the world. 
Some people will tell us the end is at hand and the second coming of Christ is right around the corner. And that started in the first century. The story has changed, but just ask around sooner or later someone will tell you you do not have much time and must repent.

I do not know much about Islam, Hinduism, Buddism, and other religions yet there are always some teachings that will lead you to a better world. Now I do know Islam believes in the same monotheist God Christianity and Judaism does, I just don’t know enough to comment on their interpretation.

Yet with all this talk of God, what God has taught us doesn’t exist on the planet anymore. Okay, I exaggerate, but our moral decline around the world is plainly obvious. 

So am I losing my faith? No. Actually, I have spent this Christmas season trying to follow more of the practice of my religion to reinstill faith back in me. And yes if you put me above a burning pit and say if I renounce my faith I won’t be dropped into the fire. I am a weak enough human being I will probably denounce, who knows I might be strong enough to state what I believe as I drop to my death. As a human though I must confess that is much to ask. Any human that says they would thoroughly die dropped into a burning pit and not renounce their faith is either a true saint or I would never trust them with anything. Most honest people know that kind of moment would test any person’s faith.

The real issue started when people started saying President Trump was the chosen one. This scares me at a new level. There have been false gods before. Why should some nutjob spouting this nonsense scare me such? I don’t know, but it sure does and at a very high level. Maybe because we can transmit nonsense around the world in nanoseconds. Or maybe because the people who are agreeing or making the argument are potentially my neighbors or co-workers. 
They have removed the concept of God from rational thinking. You cannot now in the 21st century think for one moment that Trump has any semblance of acting in a manner that God would choose him. And choose him to do what? One argument I read was that God uses all of us including Judas so Trump could be the chosen one. Uh, no. Judas was in a unique situation and he eventually committed suicide for his actions. Everyone else God has chosen tends to have a higher purpose. Sometimes it doesn’t materialize right away, but in general, the person themself exhibited some degree of humanity.

President Trump doesn’t even come close to showing himself as an instrument of God. I am not a believer in the rapture theory. The second coming will not be what we expect or makeup. We have no idea and wasting our time trying to convince people of this is so short-sighted. Our goal is to teach God to others so they can build their own relationship and let the relationship grow.

Everything else cheapens God and weakens God. We have no idea about the extent of the power of God. Anyone that says they do, run. Run away very fast. Truth is we are devoid of any real concept of the power of God.

Our creator created life. Think about what it takes for you to read this post, make a decision about if you agree/disagree, like/dislike, and if you want to respond. You cannot sit there and think life is a fluke. We are created and our life is a gift. The above is just one aspect of free will. You like, you dislike, but you decide. You decide about God, following God, how you follow, what religion you may decide to use to follow God. All this exists, but it does not answer to who is God. 

And these arguments could go on for centuries, and as you know they already have been down that path. So this is why I think we need a new name for God. Everything about what makes God wonderful has been lost by all the people who weaken the absolute truth of God by using the name God for their own immoral purposes. I am just tired of trying to sort through the madness to get to the truth. 

And realistically this argument is just a symptom of a much larger problem. “A rose is a rose by any other name.” Or something like that, I am too lazy to go internet searching to make sure I got it right, yet it says enough to make the point. The name God isn’t the problem, the lack of the understanding that we have lost touch with God is the problem. So many people scream they have a relationship with God, yet their actions show something completely different and this includes the people saying President Trump is the chosen one. 

I cannot sit idly by and watch God be cheapened so if I change the name I can continue my relationship with a being I do not understand, comprehend, fail as a human for such, ask forgiveness, have no understanding the depth of love given to me when life was given to me, cry to, ask favors of, helplessly plead for others, and yet strangely understand that because this life was given to me and others I need to do better, treat others better, take care of what is given better, follow what is truly taught, attempt to make the decision to choose right over wrong, try to teach this to my children and others, and most importantly have a relationship with so I can make my feeble attempts to be what is wanted from me or asked of me whether I know what that is or not. 

I have my will, my choices, yet deep down I know I must listen to a voice that cannot be heard to find what is right. Unfortunately, the word God has taken away what is God. And nowadays it seems it is worse than any part of history that I have read. Am I right or am I wrong? Who knows, yet I see we are missing something on this planet that should be blatantly obvious. 

Some people prefer science, some say science disproves God, some say God is more important than science, yet all miss the point we are created so we must accept both till there may come a time when the entire truth of the universe is revealed to us. Until then we must keep our minds open, God is not a fairy sky monster, tyrant, hippie, commie, magician, or whatever. God created us on this dynamic planet and for some reason, we have to go with the flow and choose love over hate. Yeah, some 1960′s song or something...no.

Anyway, people will argue till the end of time, but till then we are stuck with a name that no one appreciates anymore because of what everyone else decides not what our creator decides. And yep there isn’t any religion on planet Earth that wants to change the typeset so God please forgive us all.

Cheers and have a blessed, peaceful, and prosperous New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment