Friday, August 25, 2023

Time flies when you are not paying attention

 It seems forever ago I made some promise I was going to start writing regularly again.

And now what?

Since my primary topics are politics and local sports you would think I would be typing away on my keyboard. Trump got indicted for a fourth time, Cowboys are in training camp, the Mavericks still need a center, the Rangers keep flirting with having a really good season, maybe a playoff run, yet silence on this end.

Actually not silence on the keyboard though. I have spent some time writing a short story. Not the normal ones I blunder through on this blog, but an attempt at a well thought out, beginning, middle and end story.

I don't know what I am going to do with it once completed. Sooner or later I do want to try and publish some of my short stories. I have a hodge podge collection of stories. I do not have a genre at all. If you have read through all the short stories I use to write in random serial form on this blog you probably know that. If you read what I have written beyond this blog, well it only confirms. We will see what I do with the current one.

And I have quite a few thoughts on Donald Trump, but right now the media is running stories ad nauseum. I would not be saying anything spectacularly new. I read quite a few follow up stories on the Republican debate, but did not watch it. The Republicans do need to decide on who they want if Trump cannot run. I don't think they are any closer on who that might be based on what I read.

Actually I have been tweeting or "Xing" or whatever we are supposed to call it a few times about we do not need Biden v Trump in 2024. We really don't and the Democrats are even further from coming up with someone else if needed. I don't care what Biden says or the Democrats say, Biden is old. They need to move on.

And I am disappointed because that Andrew Wang party or whatever has not done anything that I have seen. Not that I would vote for Andrew Wang, but now would be a really good time to see a new party develop. Really through a wrench in the Biden v. Trump works.

Anyway stay cool, this heat has been brutal, yet find a way to enjoy your last few weeks of summer if you can. Beach weather is about to go away. I love the beach and I have not been this year so it is driving me crazy and it doesn't look like there is a trip on the horizon right now, but I keep trying to create or finagle one, well not actually finagle one in the truest definition, but squeeze one in even if I have to well you know finagle one.



Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment