Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A quick addition to a previous post

This goes back to the social conservative bloc of voters in Iowa. I was thinking another moral issue not discussed in Iowa is the concept of a decent living wage.

And I wanted to reemphasize the importance of what is happening to the youth in our country and serious lack of direction being shown by them. Yes there are many good kids out there and what is funny probably a good amount in Iowa, but it is the big picture that is lost when we get to primaries or caucases. We really need some serious leadership starting to come out of Iowa and we are now getting the "negative" campaign.

Straight up, the Republican candidates are seriously inadequate to lead this country. It is not just the moral issues, or the issues that are derailing individuals like Cain and possibly Newt, but a total lack of understanding of where we stand in history right now. Our country needs people to step up, but pandering to this social conservative group just to win shows serious weakness. I think the nation as a whole would like to see someone from this group step up and be their own person. They might not win in Iowa, but some real individualism and creativity would start to impress the nation as a whole. And right now we are getting the same crap we have for decades and right now this country just cannot survive with this mentality.

I am going to get some time and try to write something about one of my favorite authors. There are some interesting things going on and a discussion about him would really bring some things to light. I hope to be able to sit down and really prepare something instead of my usual quick hit thoughts. So this is my year end goal. Hopefully I will accomplish this because I would like to include some well thought out discussions sometimes. If anything though I will put something down even if not up to what I want because I have a few things I do want to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment