Thursday, January 22, 2015

a little bit of family



Okay we are driving along on one of our nice days we get here in North Texas throughout winter and the better half turns to me and says we should join a bike club. Yes, we are grandparents, my wife has never driven a bike in her life and I haven’t since I was a teenager and the largest bike I ever drove was a 125cc dirt bike. Now she says to me, she wouldn’t drive, just ride with me. And she knows very well how much of a klutz I am. Sometimes I worry about that woman.

My youngest is an xx year old teen age daughter who proudly told me she is a teenage girl and being full of drama is what is expected of her. Why sould I expect anything different? Sometimes I worry about that child.

There is an estrogen/testosterone imbalance in our family and always have been. We have one son and he was third in line. Some days are just more interesting than I can take. One of my heroes though is my brother’s Father in law. He had 7 daughters, no sons. Lived a long fruit full life, don’t know how, but he did. My other hero is my Father in law, 3 wives, umpteen children, and we would still have to go find him in the bars in Mexico up until the month he passed in his eighties.

Question for you: is being anal and being OCD the same thing?

Gas prices went up sharply around here this week. Is the party over? And there are so many contradicting stories about the direction of oil prices, but the main difference is when, not if oil prices will rise again and how much. The longest I have read is 3 years, the other is $5 a gallon gas is right around the corner. This volatility and insanity is one of the reasons I say over and over, time to get off fossil fuels. And I have been saying this since the 70’s. Thank goodness the price of electric cars are finally starting to fall down from sky high levels.

It is chilly right now, but a few days of really nice weather is around the corner again. Have to admit, gotta love North Texas, however, it is nice to see snow falling every now and then. Not this year so far.

Stay warm

No comments:

Post a Comment