Wednesday, January 28, 2015

bit of a b!$(h


I was standing in a national bank’s line at lunch today for almost thirty minutes. How is it in the 21st century you are standing in a bank line for half a lunch hour? Too much time to think and think of things to complain about.

And it was bothering me that this bank is one of the banks that spends fortunes on lobbyists to influence our Congress to give them the ability to make wild high risk trades so they can take a chance on making money ( or blowing up our economy up again), but they cannot pay for the clerks to take care of their bread and butter customers. As long as we keep electing the same ole vermin to Congress all the time, we will continue to be second class citizens. The names may change every now and then, but the business at hand of letting the lobbyists write the laws is still the business at hand of more for me, less for you.

Or as Ray Davies said: “ …it’s a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world….” Of course if you really know the song you know how out of context is this quote, but it works for these few words. I still enjoy jamming to the Kinks.

And some people will say (rightfully so) change banks. And we did awhile back. Most of our money ( or what is left of it) is in a small independent credit union. I just get a good deal on some perks I keep planning on using by having my paycheck direct deposited into this bank. Most of the time the majority of our money is somewhere else. We just use this bank for (in)convenience and use of a national ATM system that doesn’t charge us fees for withdrawals. The problem with small credit unions is that it is hard to access cash far from home. Now if we could ever get back on our feet again enough to travel it might be worthwhile to have this ATM advantage.

And others will say if you complain about the rich, you must be a liberal or jealous. I disagree. The whole point of what our fore Fathers did was to create a system where the rich/tyrants were to be put to the wayside and the people were allowed to be the drivers of the future of our country. Unfortunately the rich figured things out first and have co opted our country. I have always said, if you earn the money and do what is right overall, then you have earned your accolades. It does not give you right to coerce or manipulate the system to maintain an advantage that will not allow others to succeed. Our fore Fathers worked to create an opportunity for us to grow. Unfortunately we are the ones dropping the ball.

Which brings me to another quote I recently read: “All that is human must retrograde if it does not advance.” Edward Gibbon. in trying to be positive this seems in backwards fashion to me, but with recent events in human history we seem to be retrograding faster than advancing.

Anyway if banks don’t want me complaining about them, hire somebody so I can go on about my life and eat lunch. Seriously in the 12-1 hour there was only one clerk. This is just horrid customer service. So please find yourself a local institution to put the majority of your money and just use the large banks for the one or two actual services that might benefit you. ( and you might want to have more than one ATM for the family, but with us it helps to maintain the budget)

On the sports front the Mavs are playing weak of late, really a pisser for the fans.

And my prediction for the “big game” is it will be very anti climatic. I will honestly be surprised if this is a good game. The score may be close or not, it is the quality of the overall game I think that is going to drop off a cliff. Hope I am wrong, but don’t think so going in. A few big plays may happen, but don’t expect a game for the ages.

And really: New England v. Seattle. First of all I do not like New England, not because they may cheat or not, not because they are very successful (actually I admire their success), but because Tom and Bill just need to be punched in the face and not the football type of punched in the face, but the bar fight punch. It is so hard to watch them walk around with their smirk faces all the time. Fine, be successful, but my God realize how blessed and lucky you are to be in the situation you are in to be successful. Show some respect to all the people who play and love the game. And nothing against Seattle, but I just cannot get excited about them at all.

Okay enough whining and bemoaning, have a great day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment