Monday, April 6, 2015

Should the Democrats nominate Mrs. Clinton?



First of all, this is not about any of the email situation. That is her concern, not the Democrats.

I had thought of this post idea on Saturday, then I saw an article from NPR that discusses this topic. They gave three reasons and did the pro and con on whether or not these topics affect her being nominated. One of them was the email situation.

I have my own reasons I would suggest the Democrats may want to look elsewhere for the 2016 nomination.

The first one is partly to mainly the problem with the Democrat faithful in general. There is the general assumption in the liberal press and especially among the commenters to the articles is that the Republican group is so far off base that Hillary is a shoe in. They feel the Republicans will not be able to nominate someone that will appeal to the general public.

Two problems with this: a) anytime people think someone is a shoe in is a recipe for disaster. Complacency at the very least could set in or complete apathy as to a reason to go vote. People get the impression, if we are going to win, why bother making the effort. You never want to be the “shoe in” candidate. b) Next is the elitist thinking of the Democrat party can get them in trouble. There is this we are smarter than them attitude so whatever we do will win out. I know many Democrats will balk at this, but you really need to do some party soul searching right now. And if you don’t, then don’t be surprised by the results in 2016. You can think you are smarter, but you still have to prove it to enough voters to win. This will take effort and ideas which leads me to my next thought.

Hillary Clinton has not espoused a new idea. I almost want to say ever, but I cannot definitely say that. I know I haven’t heard one. She is a tried and true Democrat. And believe it or not, the Democrats need new ideas. Sure President Obama’s spending at the first of his administration got us out of the recession, but I feel only temporary. There are still many underlying problems with our economy that need to be addressed. The 21st century needs much more than the same tired politics of either the Democrats or the Republicans. Unfortunately the bases of both parties are still listening to the past. This is spelling disaster for our country. And since she has not created a whole new platform or outlined a new vision there could be trouble if some dark horse Republican does create a new vision. People understand we need something to rebuild our middle class, but no one has really come up with true new ideas, so the worst thing that is happening is the leadership is touting the old methodologies that are failing, but trying to repackage it and get people excited about it. A Republican who sounds truly different might be trouble.

Another reason is the impression people have of her and the Middle East. I am not talking about Libya. I am talking about the feeling people have that she could not handle the morass that is the Middle East. The Democratic faithful will feel differently, but they better get their pollsters out there speaking to the independents and maybe the moderate Republicans. The answer may surprise them. This also goes back to the “shoe in” situation. Just because you think you have the right answer, don’t expect everyone else to feel the same way. Is this a risk the Democrats want to take?

And there are a few more that need to be considered, but the Democrats should look deeper into this, I can’t do everything for them.

As you know I am not a fan of either the current Democrat or Republican party, but I am not afraid to offer my two cents to try and get one of the parties to start responding to the true needs of our country. I have outlined and offered my own solutions in previous posts. I care more about my country than my ego, okay maybe they are tied. Hahaha Anyway I think there are many good ideas out there, it is just both parties are failing in their responsibility to accept the need for true change. If you want to lead our country, sooner or later you actually have to lead instead of spitting out tired slogans.

My lunch is over, Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment