Monday, September 14, 2015

Well .. ahem… uh “how bout them Cowboys”


Okay sort of.

As you might have guessed there was a bit of excitement in Dallas last night, but before we get too excited let’s remember that was only the first game and yes we had three turnovers, but that may not be the biggest problem going forward.

I started to write my annual guess as to how the Cowboys will do this year, but didn’t get back home till the game started so didn’t get a chance to post. So no one will probably belief me when I still make this prediction.

The Cowboys may go 10-6 and win the division or they may go 9-7 and not make the playoffs. The good news is we have our offensive line. The question marks are how good will our running game be and how good will our defense be.

If the run game becomes real strong then maybe we go 11-5. I do not see it going higher than that and yes I felt this way before Dez got hurt. Realistically 10-6 now is looking optimistic. For us to win the defense has to be better than last year and our run game has to be better than last night.

We cannot rely on Tony to do what he did last night every game. He had made 24 pass attempts by half time and that is too many. Sure he had high percentage and most were short completions so it was like a running game, but really we need more balance.  Many people here are cheering Tony’s performance, but go back and look closely at the film. There were quite a few passes that were behind the receiver. Some just a little bit behind, but again there were quite a few. And no real long balls. Was this intentional or is this saying something about Tony’s arm? Obviously more to come to determine this factor.

And the bigger question is: was Eli off or was our defense good. I do not know. So going forward, glad we won, very glad we won with how the game played out, but for all intents and purposes it should not have been that close or needed those last two touchdown heroics. . Hopefully it was just a game to get into rhythm, otherwise it is going to be tough year. We need to run 120+ yards a game, even if by committee. This to allow Tony to stay in balance throughout the year and two to give the defense time to come together or gel as a unit and hopefully become better each game.  We will see.
Last year I was wonderfully woefully wrong. My out was that the offensive line might come together last year, but I had predicted they would probably come together next year which is now this year. If they stay as good as last year, the runners manage to get 120 plus yards on 25 carries or so then things could be good. If we have to rely on Tony again for every game 9-7 may be a stretch even when Dez comes back.

Well there it is, my season prediction a game late. Hopefully I have a bit of credibility with you dear reader so you can believe I was going to say 10-6 and the division or 9-7 and no playoffs before the game started last night.

And by the way I changed seats in the house after that third turnover. I am sure that had everything to do with it.

And now for the more current exciting news, thank you Mr. Fielder for sticking with it. Rangers win tonight and are now half game back of Houston. There are three more games in this series and many games to play overall, but that was a good tough game and both teams showed some nerves, but overall the Rangers found a way. The stretch run begins. I am trying to stay low key because I have all year and that has served those Little Red Shoe Rangers well. The edge of my seat is starting to get a bit worn of late and a date with a Cardiologist on October 1 maybe needed. Right now the pulse rate is strong and good solid wins are the best medicine right now.

Finally Mr. Trump was in town and the youngest went. I was informed it was a pretty entertaining  event, but not impressed with what he had to say or according to the youngest that he really didn’t say much even though he spoke for an hour or so. He apparently got the crowd riled up, but also apparently it was mainly statements yet not really stating anything. If you read me regularly you know I am not a fan so I guess you can take all this with a grain of salt. If I was you dear reader, I would. Like I said it was the youngest that went, not me and this is what was conveyed to me. The youngest did have a good time at the first political event of the lifetime. Yet this is my conveyance of what was told to me. You can believe it or not.


Have a great day tomorrow and here’s to those Little Red Shoe Rangers continuing to get better by the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment