Monday, February 29, 2016

I keep trying

Yeah it is late and I should be in bed and fixing a drink won’t solve the world’s problems.

And I look around and realize why is it so difficult?

Tonight my family enjoyed dinner as always. We stepped up and tried something new, well sort of… it was a new way to prepare chicken. And we enjoyed it. A simple thrill and a very enjoyable one.

Yet for the last hour or so I have been stalking my inner brain with all the hate and malfeasance of the world and trying to think of something to post to address what is wrong with our politicians etc… And it doesn’t matter or it shouldn’t…. yet it does.

I have actually erased words typed on the computer that I almost posted this evening. And I have replied to internet posts to stories that contradict myself. Why I ask myself? And the answer is, life can be good. Sure we should work harder to change somethings. We have leaders completely clueless to what they are doing to us and yes they do not realize to themselves. This can be cured.

Realistically though and I say it again, life is good. The real question is when we will make it good. All the hate and violence and disrespect of man to man needs to be overcome. This is a perpetual war and one that needs to be fought day in and day out. At the same time though life is good and can be made good.

I forget.

I forget that what makes life good is more important than anything else. Others may forget and it does great damage to us as a people, yet we must remember. We must remember that family, friends, love, respect for each other must consume our days. We cannot let the hate and violence consume us.

Let us rejoice.

Let us rejoice in each other for in rejoicing it is the first step in combating evil. Evil will fight back, why I do not know. Evil wins nothing if humans lose everything, yet if humans win evil loses nothing since evil had nothing to begin.  Evil only has envy and hate and remorse which should be nothing to us. No we let evil consume us. And we mistake our frailties and our weaknesses as evil. It is only evil when we let it consume us and hurt others. If we overcome the confusion or ask others to help us get better, we are rejoicing in the victory of living. Living a life that was given to us to live.

Life is good.

 So tonight I wanted to write on social security, but I couldn’t because of my anger at the futility of our politicians or how we, the people, are forsaking our duties as citizens. I was consumed by anger, an anger so useless that I wasted time or at least a good night’s sleep. Instead I finally reminded myself how wonderful we are as people. How wonderful life can be, if only we let it be wonderful. The food was good even though it wasn’t a five star steak dinner, it was good because it was shared with love and family. (and it did taste good).

We do need to work hard to make our day in and day out lives better. We need to fight the oppression of irresponsible leadership. We need to fight against tyranny around the world. We need to fight against the horrors inflicted upon our fellow man by our fellow man. This must be done.

We must also remember life is good and it is a gift and that is why we fight.

Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment