Saturday, May 14, 2016

A few Dallas comments and a few general comments


There’s the famous “X” on Elm street in Dallas. People love to stand on it and get their picture taken. Yeah not the best of moves. Elm street is one way and at that point you are basically standing in the middle of a street where everyone is speeding up to enter the intersection of two highways.  So if the last light has been green for a few seconds you have people speeding up to 50mph and coming over a rise and a slight curve to where you are standing. … smile

Mark Cuban saying Donald Trump is like the guy at the bar that will say anything to get laid is the best analogy I have heard so far about Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

“Gourmet tacos”…. Seriously folks there are restaurants around saying they make gourmet tacos. Tacos are what food you stuff tortillas with that you find around the house. Charging people $10+ for three tacos because you think you are being creative,,,,,,,, hmmmm   $1 street tacos are better anyway… a corn tortilla, some meat, chopped onion, and cilantro.. real simple, real basic.. real. Unfortunately $1 tacos are now $1.50 or $2.   Just like the dollar movies ha ha ha

Well the Mrs.  and I stepped out of our comfort zone and went somewhere new to eat. (not gourmet tacos) and well were fairly pleased and fairly disappointed so no advertising here and it cost a bit too much for what we got. The extreme was a $6 cup of coffee even though the dinners were in the $20 range. Seemed a bit steep for a cup of coffee that smelt like it was brewed on an airplane. The appetizer was good and the cake for dessert was really good, but the dinner was fair. I hate spending serious money and not being overwhelmed. We even returned a speciality drink because it was weird tasting. As with gourmet tacos, sometimes you can try too hard.

Why even have an election, the country has been sold to the highest bidder. Unfortunately, no one wants to tell us who won. I am guessing Sheldon Adelson thinks he did.

Don’t you hate it when everyone treats something as if it were a foregone conclusion. The OKC Thunder kind of screwed the NBA mix up a bit. Now I can’t figure out who to support.

There is really no reason as to why, or that I even tried, but I really wanted to be cast as Leonard’s Father. I have no experience and nothing that would propel me in that direction. I just think I would have been great.

Going forward in the near future, there may be a few more random late night comments and there will be another blog story. This will be similar to the last one where I come up with the premise (I already have the new one) and any night that I can sit down I just add to the story till it comes to the conclusion. This one has a beginning and I do not like my ending as of now, but no middle and a few wild moments to get it started. So come back for random fiction along with assorted random comments off and on for the next few posts.

Nice cool day here in North Texas. Gotta like it because 90°+ temps are on the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment