Sunday, May 22, 2016

I do not know what to say or do



This weekend was suppose to be a very happy time for my family. It has unfortunately been destroyed by a very tragic event. I am not going to go into details since I am still reeling with confusion, anger, frustration, and a whole host of other emotions.

I will eventually get around to explaining what happened. I cannot right now since I am still recovering from the event. And my anger may cause me to post something I may regret.

I am posting because it is maddening to see a wrong yet have no recourse for what happened.  I believe that the government should not get too involved in our lives, however, when the same thing is happening over and over again and yet nothing is done about the problem you have to wonder where the priorities are with the legislators. The problem is well documented yet it seems our government is either too afraid of a certain group or too well paid to address it.

And yet the list of victims of this situation grows every day. At some point when the majority is more harmed by the same event over and over again and the aggravators of the situation are left not responsible for what happened there is a serious disconnect. And it is not about a person’s rights or someone being discriminated against. It is about harm being done with a root cause and that cause is well documented to be a problem, yet people get away with myths and lies to protect the wrong.

Right now it is just maddening at a level unknown to me before today.


I have all sorts of posts and a story I wanted to start this week, but we were busy preparing for this weekend. I knew it would probably be Monday or Tuesday before I would have started. I will eventually get to them yet right now I am up late because I cannot sleep and too angry to try and write what I wanted to write.

“They” say time heals all wounds. This one won’t heal. Or at least not for a very long time. Sorry to be depressing tonight, but I have to get at least some of it off my chest.  And honestly if I told you what happened it may not affect you the way it affected me and I would not begrudge you. For me though it was too close to home and it was completely unnecessary if people had their priorities straight.

We still have the completion of a very special event to attend and hopefully we can move forward. Trying to go today to one of the events was very difficult, we did, but the better half noted you could see the sadness in our eyes when she was looking at the pictures that were taken. Again sorry to be depressing, but what I learned today from the tragedy was very aggravating. The tragedy was the worst part, yet the aftermath was totally insane. It was like being kicked when you were already down.


Let’s hope for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment