Saturday, May 5, 2018

A bit of the paranoid posts Spring 2018


For years corporations pushed us to the internet. It will make our lives convenient, wonderful, less expensive, so on and so on. And for years we keep reading about all the hacks, our personal information has been compromised, we’re stuck worrying about identity theft, and they have not done anything to reassure us they have security figured out. Corporations, Democrats, governments, voting records, the list goes on, all being hacked regularly. Nothing feels secure.

So now, they want us to buy into the “app” concept. Apps here, apps there, enter your information and your life will be convenient, wonderful less expensive, so on and so on. And if they haven’t figured out internet security, why should I trust they have the apps secure? People have so much information on apps it won’t be long before the breaches are headline news.

So, what gives, do corporations get a cut from all these hacks?????? It amazes me that they think so little of their customers that they want us to buy into their ideas without ever fixing their problems. Sure, we are all want our lives easier, but at what cost. And let’s not forget the job losses for all this convenience.

It is not in the nature of large corporations to put people (customers and workers) first. That is why we need to be proactive about who we elect to protect all of us in general.

I am not the biggest LeBron fan. My son has been a huge fan. Not me. I am impressed with what he has done in the playoffs this year. I do not know if he is the greatest player of all time, yet his will on top of his talent this year needs to be commended. Now I am thinking it would be great if he stayed in Cleveland and played till he retires. Cleveland needs it, the NBA needs it, and it would make for a good story, plus he goes into the HOF as a Cavalier. I know there are problems. It would be good if they could work it out and go forward. If he moves, it just takes away from him as a person. The better story is retiring in Cleveland with maybe another championship. He is part of basketball lore yet staying adds so much more to his story. Not betting on it though.

The great thing about being a Grandpa is you can have Blue Bell for lunch; okay okay, the better half is out today, and I’ve done my chores. So more power to unhealthy eating. And I may have a second bowl, I am still hungry.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment