Monday, May 21, 2018

I am just curious.


And this is based on curiosity, yet I may throw some of the paranoid post thinking in for good measure.

And so much is so different for different people.

I understand a bit of why Roger Stone supports Trump. He has been with him for quite awhile, but some of the others, it baffles my imagination as to why they stick with Trump so vehemently.

And how many people do you hear say Trump is innocent? Trump says no collusion, it is all a witch hunt so in a way he is saying he is innocent by denying the central reason for the investigation. Everyone else that I hear spends more time trying to discredit the investigation versus attempting to help Trump prove his innocence. In my mind, and in many others I have read, that makes a big difference. I must be honest, I do not watch all the Sunday morning shows or Fox regularly, nor read everything ever printed on this story yet I have not seen a large demonstrative voice of innocence. Trump and all his allies spend more time discrediting than anything else. If I was innocent, I would want the investigation to be completed. I would fight for it. Alas I am not a President being charged with activities that if proven true may be construed as treasonous so what do I know about being investigated.

So, what gives for people like John Kelly or Devin Nunes? Why do they spend so much time defending Trump? Yes, I know Rep. Nunes was with the Trump campaign. Is he fighting an honorable battle or is he protecting his own skin? Is John Kelly solely in it because he believes in Trump’s public policy? Which also baffles me because Trump always says one thing, then does another. The man cannot be trusted.

I haven’t trusted Trump since the 90’s. I did not know much about him, but the little bit of news that trickled down to Texas about Trump was never good. I kept wondering why he was so popular. He seemed to be a very shallow person. And then the Apprentice came along and my opinion didn’t change.

Back to the collusion business and I have mentioned this before. If there was collusion, it started years ago. And this may be hard to find. Mueller may find hints of it, but actual hand-written notes from Putin are not going to exist. I say that and laugh at myself, Trump seems to the be the kind of person who might actually keep one, even though it says specifically on it, burn when finished reading. I know they do not exist, but the thought bounces around hoping beyond hope he kept one. Putin is smart, even if he planned this ten years ago, Trump would not be the direct point of contact.

So how far potentially does this go back? Which might answer why there are so many people bound and determined to fight for Trump. Who is Don Quixote in this story? The liberals or Trump and his allies. The liberals trying to bring Trump down at all costs and there is no collusion? Or Trump et all defending crimes against the American people fighting windmills with all his witch hunt deflection activities.

Could this have started about the time Obama became President? It always bemused me that Trump was such a loud and prominent member of the birther movement. I always wondered what was in it for him. Now I think he may have been testing the waters. Of his own volition? Or someone else’s? Why was he so energetic to bring Obama down? Is he just a basic racist pig and nothing more? Or?

Whenever Trump points his finger or makes accusations, it usually comes back to him. So, his comments about the deep state really worry me. Where does this come from? Most normal paranoid people are worried about the government spying on them. It is how we lose hair. Seriously though, thinking there is a large cadre of government employees out to get you personally is some serious paranoia.

The government would have to have serious reasons for a deep state to develop against one man. That is large scale paranoia. Or is it large scale deflection? The paranoid posts say the deep state is people like John Kelly, other people like Hannity and some members of the military and law enforcement biding their time waiting for the left to make a huge mistake and then pouncing declaring martial law, bringing up various right-wing militias, his own version of the brown shirts, and shutting down the government. Poof there goes the Constitution and we are stuck with a second-rate human being dictator controlled by a foreign government. All the while Trump waiting on the Oligarchs to praise him for making America great again because their greed has so consumed them they go along to get along making billions. Now that is some paranoid thinking to be proud. Trump wants to be the most popular billionaire in the Country Club. No matter collusion or not, I feel Trump really wants to be Mr. Popular. I think that is obvious in everything he does. And that is scary, because people that desperate for attention can do crazy things.

So, what gives? Am I crazy? Right? Somewhere in between or is Trump pathetically embroiled in either one of the most Machiavellian disasters to face any country, a complete baffoon, misguided beyond a normal person’s comprehension, a pawn of the cancer of greed consuming our country, or what?

So why do so many people sail on S.S. Trump and fight so hard to keep it afloat? Could there be something in it for them? And what would that be? A rational person seeing the way he treats others would have great pause to get involved with him. Yet, so many people are on the attack to protect(?) Trump. His public policy is fair at best, he can muster up vocal support of some masses with his attempts at populist conservatism, even that though is weak, and he doesn’t follow through with it except vocally. Most of his actual policy is opposite of what he promised. How long can people accept this madness?

Shoot I didn’t want Hillary to be President either, but how can you continue to support someone who isn’t supporting you? His hold on his base also confuses me. There is nothing there to hold your hat onto.

So why do Nunes, Cohen, Stone, Hannity, Giuliani, and so many others work vehemently to attack this investigation. Something must be up, because there is way too much energy being spent deflecting something that is hard to prove. The secondary crimes are going to be easy. And maybe the alleged Russian money laundering will lead to the alleged collusion connection.  Who knows?

Nothing Trump does favors the whole of the country. In fact very little of the country benefits from his presidency so far. So, if someone isn’t benefitting from something that helps them why work so hard. I do not see many people helping others especially in D.C. D.C is more the capital of ulterior motives not generosity. Something gives and I do not see the why, but the why I do see is very ugly.

Anyway, these are not new thoughts, but I am curious as to what gives. Motivation is an interesting creature. What originally motivated Trump and what motivates his allies? We may never know the answer. I just hope we at least know what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment