Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Promises promises,,,,,whoops sidetracked again


And you know me, I promise a post then bam, something else catches my attention. I still plan on posting my 2020 fictious party platform and no I am not actually working through it to produce a real post. It will still be my running verbose style, I just have my ideas jotted down. I could say it is also a run up to 2018, however, it is too late to produce a party for this election,,,oh well.

So here are random comments on a wild variety of topics. Also, another promise; in the near future I am going to do an update on my opinion on the Dallas Sports scene and things just aren’t pretty right now for the home town. Us homers are crying in our beers.

Where do I start?

Yesterday was Memorial Day and I wanted to do a respectful post and wish I had. Unfortunately, the pretentious left has decided to blow up on President Trump’s tweet for Memorial Day. And yes, he should be more respectful. And yes, I still do not like our President for a variety of reasons. I need to touch on some fairness though, but before that.

The pretentious left needs to focus on more important issues with our President. I say this knowing one of the reasons I do not like President Trump is because he is a disrespectful person. Yet, “blowing up twitter” because he tweets another self-absorbed statement is becoming old. There are bigger issues at hand that need to be attacked or defended. Part of it is the Russian thing, but that Russian thing even needs some realistic approaches.

Little Donny’s meetings and other shenanigans in the election are not real collusion. The issue that needs to be investigated and probably what Mueller is investigating is real collusion. A long-term plan that involves the President actually conversing with Russian contacts about him running for President and receiving help. We know the Russians played patty cake with our election in 2016. That needs to be addressed. Also though we need to get to the bottom of any potential real interactions maybe even years ago that developed into a plan of action. That is convictable treason. And this may never be found even if it happened. All of us need to be prepared to accept that reality. We know President Trump’s team is working hard to deflect which gives a thinking person a reason to speculate about what is going on, but real proof is what we need. So, the pretentious left needs to start working on a plan for post Mueller to bring this country back together or accept we are in real trouble. I do not think they are up to the task and that is why I wish I could get more people on board with creating a real party that represents the moderate to moderate conservatives. And again, I say they are most of this country.

And now back to my fairness statement about the pretentious left.  There were many people not named Donald Trump that didn’t show proper respect for our country yesterday. I happened to be at a concert yesterday where the performer decided to raise his glass and salute our veterans. Now for this tour the singer had a drink to the audience moment planned into every show yet tried to use yesterday as a special moment. The performer was doing a fair job with a standard speech and then said something to the effect: and I know if they were here they would want us to live like there is no tomorrow; all said under the presumption of meaning party like crazy. Not exactly an honorable tribute. I’m sure the fans may try to spin it differently, but no. It was a party toast and he had been talking about “being crazy” or “being wild” up until that moment. Yes, not as bad as the President’s self-serving tweet, but still in the wrong context. It seems the true honoring of our fallen heroes is now just a one-minute story about a parade from each town or cities’ local news. That is sad.  We should shut down the country for Memorial Day and have a Day of Silence to honor them. Don’t elect me President because I will force that issue down the Country’s throat. It will be much more than laying a wreath.

Okay a bit too heavy for my normal ramblings, but it had to be said. No one deserves a monopoly for Memorial Day criticisms, even me.

On a lighter note, I saw a story about dictionary dot com jumping on Rudy Giuliani’s attendance at a Yankees’ game and the infamous Bronx cheer. Seems the old phrase see such and such’s picture for the “term” in the dictionary has a modern social media take.

I complain about both the pretentious left and the alt right and neither to me are doing this country any good. I do believe though the pretentious left is hands down better at political satire than the alt right. There is no contest. Yes, there are some conservative comedians that are really good. Unfortunately, there are barely a handful. They can hold their own with any liberal comedian. And not all liberal comedians are good or effective. All in all, though the left is astronomically better at political satire. Even their rare attempts of satire of the Clintons is far above what the right has produced.

And going back to the picture in the dictionary thinking and comedians, Samantha Bee is one of the pictures you find when you think pretentious left. She definitely epitomizes left wing pretentiousness. I have tried watching her show and it just hurts. There are comedians that are nonstop Trump bashers that pull it off, but she is sad. She has a soapbox that needs to be cut out from under her. She is not funny, not engaging, and I know her fans will blow me up, but seriously outside of her fans it doesn’t work. We need satire, but bashing to bash isn’t satire, nor funny. In fact, it is some of what the pretentious left says the alt right does. Hmmmmm

Okay I am all over the map today. Must have something to do with the after-surgery drugs I am feeling. Which means I am way past lying down to rest time.

As you know we need real healthcare reform in this country, but that is a topic for another day. Just having the problem of it shoved down your throat personally can be tough to take. Both the better half and I had separate health care issues today and cost is killing us. Overall though must thank the Surgeon, anesthesiologist, nurses, staff etc for getting me through. (I need to rest so it will work). The people in the healthcare industry are not the problem. I have met many great doctors, nurses, staff etc… over the years. It is the system that needs to be reformed.

Wish me well and have a great evening


No comments:

Post a Comment