Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Many of you have heard the phrase.. (and all this has a point)


..I wanna be like that person when I grow up. I don’t think it is a great idea to be exactly like whoever you choose and I know most people are really referencing it that way.

What they are saying is I want to achieve what the person has; I want to have their values; I want to make the impression that person has made; or,

Some people say it jokingly, others with sarcasm, others in ridicule, yet it has some meaning to someone in whatever way you reference.

I am a person that does not want to grow up, so I usually do not worry about who I want to be. And in some ways that may be a problem. Everyone should look up to someone, I do not think I have found that someone. My Dad and Mom split when I was very young and I didn’t get to know my Dad well. I respected my Dad and wish I knew him better, unfortunately he passed away while I was finishing up college. And there have been no real positive influences in my life, however, I feel good about what I believe and my values. So my values are the only positive influence around for many years. Now my family is my positive influence. My kids and better half do real well in life. No one is rich, but they do well.

So, where does that leave me? And ironically one of the Supreme Court decisions I rant and complain about may be my answer.

Citizens United.

As I said before my values are important to me. Now I am still closer to the sinner side of the saint to sinner scale, but I still stress my values to myself and to others. I am sure some of you readers have felt a bit of it on occasion. The issue is what I am going to do with my life?

How about start a super pac? Yeah, that is the ticket. Get some billionaire to give me millions to sit around on my back end complaining about the world. Or???

Actually create one with a purpose.

As you know I brag about not voting for a Democrat or Republican except for a few friends in local elections since 1980. And I emphatically believe we need new major parties. The Republicans and Democrats have failed our country. And it is fun to sit around and post trivial craziness on a blog, yet maybe I should I actually put some of this energy to good use. Or even more energy to good use.

So dear readers I would like some feedback on this idea. I know most people do not comment except for people wanting to sell stuff so I delete those. If you do not want to comment, my email is in the profile section of this blog. I could put it here, but if I make you make an ounce of effort it shows you might have an actual interest.

The goal would be to create a super pac to buy advertising time to create information on independent candidates, some third party candidates, but spend the majority of the time speaking to Dems and Reps are just parties that have come about; there is no requirement we vote for them. And speak to some of the history of attempts by people to create new parties and independent candidates. Another priority would be to show what has happened over the last few decades and show the decline in rational policy that is beneficial to the whole country and more specifically middle class. The messaging would include how Dems and Reps maneuver the system to keep them in power and why that is wrong. More points might include creation of new messaging, show alternative policy ideas from various groups, what responsible governance might produce, what better education means, and more. Also have research and stats on a website with other information that shows why the current policy models are failing us.

The main goal is to build an audience through concentrated advertising to lobby the American public that we need new parties. And use the same platform to start recruiting people to form a new party. Citizens United allows the creation of a super pac to basically overwhelm the other super pacs using their influence to create the laws that are hurting our society, economy, and country. The main tool that is destroying us becomes the same tool that moves us forward and helps us get the ruling overturned or new legislation that overcomes the problems and hidden or dark money ruling our government.

We may never get one party that completely overwhelms the Democrats or Republicans, but we can create a strong enough major party that takes away their dominance and opens the door again for us that Citizens United and our current system has closed on the people.

So comment or email me even if you want to say I am crazy (I already know that), just so I can get an inkling of any interest out there. I know there is some. I have seen others comment in other forums, but action is still very limited. Maybe we just need some place to start.

You can call me crazy for fun, but if you make hateful comments I will delete them.

I still do not want to grow up, yet in the meantime I wouldn’t mind doing something constructive.

I once researched starting a new party, but the majority of the work needs to be done at the State level so some grass roots organizations need to be in place to get that started. And I will do some research on the process to start some of various super pacs or similar organizations just to see what is involved.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment