Saturday, October 20, 2018

Going into the deep end trying to recap the week


I am still upset at everything. Or at least it appears that way to me after this week. And I did manage to write myself some cryptic notes this time, just not well enough after reading them. Baby steps are better than no steps.

How to get started or where to start? I guess I could start with an area I support. Right now I think what is the current version of the #metoomovement is off the rails. I sincerely believe there are many women who have suffered abuse and have kept it quiet for years and what they Republicans did to Prof. Ford was way out of line. Actually there are probably many adjectives to mention in what they did. None of them positive. The issue is some group needs to develop some type of framework to help women, to develop plans so they can bring (I am having a hard time with a word here, I almost typed credible and that is not the problem) the charges to light and support the victim. Again I fully believe many women have suffered, yet there are women who will take advantage and then other women, for reasons unknown to me, don’t believe other women when it comes to any charges or women bringing to light past suffering.  
 Do they organize into something dynamic as the suffrage movement of 100+ years ago? They may need to. Obviously I am a guy and if any guy has any cajones he can admit they know someone or someones that were jerks somewhere in their life. Just flat out jerks to women. I ran into someone last night at an event and may never see him again, just being a prick about women. This is an education and I don’t mean public school, but lessons that should be taught by parents education that would stop some of these jerks. Some guys just won’t get it. And I said won’t on purpose.

The real issue is the men who will abuse women, whether physically, emotionally, sexually, or a combination. This is where something needs to coalesce. I do not have any ideas, but whatever is left of the me-too movement or groups that want to follow up to the Prof Ford debacle need to do something. Otherwise two months from now, women will have the same problem they have always had. And for those ignorant of being a conservative, this falls under the Pro-Life concept: respect of life from conception to natural death. Maddening to me the political pro life people, who say they are pro life to get people to vote for them to only abuse others throughout life.  Oh, excuse me Mr. President, didn’t mean to bump into you. And I know some will try and legislate change, this is different from the suffrage movement. Changing this behavior takes a large education front, with some legislation changes that toughen penalties. Education will need to start at home, so more multi-media, social media interaction will be more important than trying to change a few laws by themselves. I am a conservative, but reading history teaches you cannot legislate morality. Improving mores comes from home and society.

I have run out of time for now and after thinking about it I am going to continue in a different post, probably call it the same as above continued. Two reasons to move on, one no time as mentioned and two I will truly be in the deep end for the next two topics. They both involve Trump and if you have read the news this week you can guess where I am going to go. How did this country get so ignorant and gullible that 30-40% believe anything he says, much less find it credible? I know part of the answer, but even that doesn’t explain it all. Scarily amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment