Monday, December 17, 2018

Trump legal thoughts, minor warning, and a compliment


Two issues in the news both involving a legal question for Trump. Well… there are probably hundreds of legal issues facing Trump, I just have a comment on two.

People are talking about the President cannot be indicted while President, so does that mean any statutes of limitations be postponed till after his Presidency. I do not know, his possible crimes may have no statute of limitations, but if any do I think there needs to be a postponement till he is out of office then the clock starts.

And I think I have commented something similar before, but can we implement a Temporary Restraining Order on the Wall if Trump forces it through with a government shutdown.  It would be a legal precedent, but why not try.

I love eggnog.

Or let’s build the damn thing and build it well so we have a thousand year monument of bad public policy, wasted tax dollars, government largess, con job, ignorance, etc so hopefully future generations are smarter than us.

If you come to Texas avoid I-35 at all costs if possible. The portion of highway from San Antonio to Denton is one large traffic jam 24/7/365. And it is always under construction somewhere along this route. I know you do not have a choice, but if there was one or can do something else, do it. Especially if it doesn’t involve excessive tolls.

We need high speed trains.

And you know I rant and rave about the need to get off combustion engines, but I do have to admit, there was a time where you could fix them yourself. Too many things can break down in a car nowadays and unfortunately the computer and electrical systems are major headaches. It is the one problem I see in electric cars. Hopefully they can figure this out and make them home repairable. Life could be great.

And I am always complaining about drivers who make mistakes and then do something to correct the mistake which almost gets people killed. Sometimes real horrendous accidents occur. And if they would only just go to next exit or the next light where they could correct their mistake rationally and not endanger others, that is the way it should work out. Yet time after time you see people put themselves above others and do something totally insane at highway speeds. Well the other day I witnessed a car do the right thing. You could see disaster coming and I was already getting mad when lo and behold, he made the right decision, drove on, made the u-turn and got back on track. I was shocked. So the person in the Kia coming off Woodall Rogers the other day, good job and thank you.






No comments:

Post a Comment