Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Quick Dallas Sports update


First of all, there is this crow starting to appear on my balcony. It wasn’t around at the first of the fall, nothing, yet over time it has appeared. Still somewhat in the distance most of the time, it is inching closer and closer not quite demanding I eat it, but the problem is I may have to.

Yes folks, I put in print the Cowboys would go 8-8 for the year and that 8-8 was the optimistic preseason projection were my thoughts. Well lo and behold, the defensive backs are playing better than I expected, the linebackers and front line are even better than I predicted, and they went out and got a number one receiver. Dak is holding is on so that lets Zeke be Zeke. There are still a few games left but eating crow on that prediction is becoming more of a reality every week. Well good them and good for me as a fan. Better to eat crow on a downside prediction than an optimistic prediction.

It is winter, and the Rangers haven’t made a headline trade yet so who knows for them. Pitchers and Catchers report in just under three months. Maybe by then we will know more by then.

I still haven’t figured out the Stars. Better than average, but definitely not title contender????????

FC Dallas made the playoffs then fizzled. Maybe on an upswing for next year. Need to pay more attention.

And the Mavs are also playing better than advertised, not for me, but for the general public. I felt that the sum was better than the pieces and all the team is playing well. If they can get their act together on the road they might go far. And what is worse they lost two excruciatingly close road games back to back earlier which helped put them in the hole they were in. Now they must step up on the road. They have had a good run at home, but more road games are coming up. And the one tonight on a back to back in the Big Easy is a real test. I am not saying it is a must game, but it is a statement game that will put them in a position to have real games in March and April. They cannot be a split personality team with good play at home and not enough on the road. They need consistency now, so they have momentum later.

My thoughts on the state of Dallas Sports on this chilly late fall day.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment