Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Chicken Tacos and random comments


The better half is in a meeting so eating leftovers tonight. We have some baked chicken leftover, some leftover chile con queso, a bit of sour cream and avocado and well, dinner. Put it all on some tortillas and good to go.

I am trying to be responsible here and not eat too many, but I love my chili con queso so any excuse to indulge is always good for me.

We are still a few days from NBA free agency so all we have are rumors.

We are still a few weeks to a month from the start of pro football training camp so all we are hearing are rumors about who is going to sign and who isn’t. As a Cowboy fan none too happy with Zeke’s mishap in Las Vegas.

And speaking of Vegas don’t be shy about buying me an airplane ticket for next weekend to partake in some fun and a bit of the NBA summer league. Just sayin’

Not much new in politics, the Dems debate this week and will be as clueless as always. Oh we may get a few policy ideas. I am not going to watch but am curious if they stay smart and stick with policy discussions or dive deep into insanity and make it all about Trump. 

Trump’s swamp keeps getting deeper and deeper. Sec. Chao and Sen McConnell somehow found the headlines for corruption. It seems to be the same old story over and over again with the Republicans. They just feel everything is theirs for the taking without any regard to ethics anymore. And then there is the Representative from San Diego, talk about screwing your wife. And the NRA or Russian pass through account for Republican treason is just about as convoluted as you can get.

I still want a new conservative party that is actually conservative and has some values attached. At least people call racists right wing and not conservatives most of the time. I hope people understand being a true conservative means you are not a racist. Trump seems to be throwing the difference away though.

Who knows where this country is headed?

The better half says eat for a bit then stop, wait a few minutes to see if you are still hungry, well I am still hungry so warming another tortilla. And am curious, the avocado I bought today was the highest price I have seen in awhile. Is this because of tariffs or is my local grocery store taking advantage of their location since they are the only one downtown? Hmmmm

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment