Sunday, August 4, 2019

Lately it is too much


I had been planning to write three posts and could never find the time. One was on extremism on both the left and right.

Now I am just in shock.

Someone posted parts of a speech either today or yesterday by Texas Lt Govenrnor Dan Patrick that I read. The part that was posted is worth reading. Please look up his speech. I do not have a direct link to it to add to this blog. I usually do not support Republicans or Democrats for general sake, however, he made some good points and they need to be discussed.

It is neither here nor there. I wasn't in El Paso or Dayton this weekend. I have no idea how those communities feel. I do have my memories and I spent 7 years living in El Paso. I have a video of my son not even a year old crawling through a store in Cielo Vista Mall then out into the mall. I was walking behind him just filming him to see what he was going to do. He was head down and just crawling away. Eventually I stopped filming and went and picked him up. We went back to the rest of the family who were shopping for clothes. I have no idea of what I would have done if this happened while I was with my family just enjoying the day. And enjoying the day was what thousands of families and people were doing on Saturday and then the people enjoying a good time in Dayton late Saturday.

We have problems in this country now that have nothing to do with guns or hats or scarfs or flags.  There are ugly deep rooted problems we are afraid to address. I do not have answers. I have some suggestions, yet even those are for another day.

Today we pray we can find a better way to solve our problems than what is not being done by our leaders and ourselves. Remember you know yourself and your family better than anyone. Now is the time to be honest with yourself, if something seems amiss for you or another please search for help. People will deny they need help. You may have to find strength within yourself. I am not one to talk, but we all need to talk. And this talk needs to include discussions on hate, isolationism, violence, mental illness, suicide, and any other anti social behavior interferring with a person's ability to participate in life and the respect of others.






1 comment: