Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Go Lincoln Project


I thought the Good Mourning America commercial was a bit exaggerated on some of its visuals, yet it definitely did what we wanted it to do. Trump flipped out and they raised money to do it some more.
And even though they are a bunch of old Republicans, at least they are using somewhat of an independent reference. 
I know no one will believe me but on the way to work, I had Arlo Guthrie’s “City of New Orleans” playing in my head as best I could remember it. I came home and saw the ad. Fun times and time to youtube.

“....Good morning America, how are you, don’t you know me I’m your native son   I’m the train they call the City of New Orleans...”

Arlo Guthrie an underrated American treasure

And then Simon and Garfunkel’s “The Boxer” came on.

Interesting lyrics from both songs for our interesting times

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment