Tuesday, December 14, 2021

To the current youth generation, are you listening to yourselves?

I keep saying I am going to do a better job of citing my sources or referencing my articles, but alas, I read this article a few days ago so going to with a recap from memory.

And there isn’t much to remember, except that there was a poll of young adults on their orientation towards either Democrats and Republicans. And as how most people feel will happen the younger generation did tend to lean towards the Democrats over the Republicans. The good news to me was that most, yet not a dominant majority were not happy with either political party. There was a decided lack of confidence going forward that either party represented them or had the better policies for the future.

And I know young people do not want to be told what to do from the ole guy, but are you listening to yourselves? If you are not happy with what choices we have, are you ready to make changes? Regular readers know I espouse we need new parties religiously, but if the next generation of potential political leaders are lacking engagement with the current parties, wouldn’t they want a vehicle that better represented them? 

I bring this up because we need the change. As you know I have felt both parties started failing us years ago. If you are seeing this also, wouldn’t you want to create something better?

The article did not say that there is an abandonment of the two current parties, yet more of a trying to figure it out feel among this up and coming generation. (my interpretation)

Anyway some food for thought for those of you who feel that going forward the current two parties are not for you. 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment