Friday, October 12, 2012

maybe a bit trite or sappy but...

It seems more people support the Potters of the world over the Baileys of the world. Maybe it is just me, but it seems every where you turn greed and hate seem to dominate. Or do I just read too many of the posts on CNN, Yahoo, to their news stories etc. Man there is a ton of crap on those posts. And what about how people get treated. I know everyone knows the phrase the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I don't see why we can't change that and treat the people that treat others with respect and get them taken care of. We have conditioned ourselves as a society that the only way to get anything done is to yell and scream. Sad state of affairs when if you do the right thing, you are put at the back of the line, or even if you yell you get placated, but the problem never gets solved. It would be great if you had a problem,you go in, explain it, work with someone (they don't even have to care as long as they do their job),and boom it gets taken care of. Yes I know it seems I am short changing the people who do their job well whether someone is yelling at them or not, but there is too much avoidance of responsibility, acceptance of okay the only way to get something done is to yell. Treating people with respect seems to be of little concern to too many people. And another beef, I try to keep my feelings about religion etc out of this blog, but they do show up here and there, but one thing I hate is when people try to use religion to do business. Using scripture in an ad or saying how they are Christian so they are a better business. This attitude that because I quote God I am better. It just irks me. Is this the money lenders in the temple,maybe not, but there seems something non Christian about using Christianity for personal gain. And I am not talking about the businesses that might advertise in a church bulletin or Christian store. People do have a right to advertise even to other members of their or any church, but it is the ads that state hey we are Christian so our business is better or makes being Christianity the selling point. You can advertise to a Christian etc, but you shouldn't profit off the concept. And yes I said this is going to be a bit of a sappy post. And I am pretty pissed right now so maybe take the second paragraph above with a grain of salt. It may not be as bad as I feel right now, but there is a problem. Somewhere in some previous posts to this blog is some sort of community bank idea, that is something I think that needs to be developed as one of my ways to start working against the spread and growth of poverty in our country and get that turned around. Using business to rebuild our infrastructure instead of our government is a way to cure more than one problem. Use government to develop the policy and framework and give the incentive to business to participate, much better than the government spending tax dollars on something that produces no long term business. It does take a mind shift though for most businessmen/women to buy into this so the incentive has to be good. Oh yeah I also talked about giving the tax breaks the businesses want to the ones that participate, hmmmm Oh well, there is one more sappy idea I had this week, but I cannot remember it, trying to type for a few minutes to see if would come back, but to no avail. Anyway hot and muggy this evening here in Dallas, OU and Texas at the fair tomorrow, so people are making money in the Big D tonight. Take Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment