Thursday, December 10, 2015

So far so ???? and THANK YOU



“An author is a fool who, not content with boring those he lives with, insists on boring future generations.” Charles de Montesquieu

Well 12/10/2015 is a special moment in this here blog ya’ll.
I started writing this blog five years ago today and wow “what a long strange trip it has been.”  Grateful Dead

I wanted to thank everyone who has managed to stumble upon my little bit of craziness in this world and taken a moment to read.

I am pretty sure some of you were looking for information on Dallas, or maybe planning a trip and didn’t know what you were getting. Some may have heard about if from friends. Others may have been forced here by computer virus. I really do not know what brought you here, but many of you keep coming back and I appreciate your consideration of my opinion on what happens here on planet Earth.

There has been thousands and thousands of page views and clicks and as best I can tell people from 30-40 countries have also stopped by. And what is amazing or scary, take your pick, many come back.

It has been strange to see who creates links or points to my posts or even when someone in another language makes comments in their language, but leaves my post in English.  I have no idea what they said, but hey it feeds the ego a bit that they said something.

About a year and a half ago I started posting the same posts to Wordpress.com and then Tumblr.com under the same name and garnered a few more people checking out my ramblings. I created a fake face book page under the name Matthew John with the birthdate 10/24/1929 and basically get nothing. This is different information and I try to include my comments to stories from a couple of online sites, but basically forget to click on the button that says post to Facebook. So this is a bit of a fail.

 One thing different for my Facebook page is I add a few pictures of Dallas every now and then. The camera on my on my phone is not too hot so these are just glimpses into events around here. If you have tried to friend me on Facebook and I didn’t respond I am sorry. At first I had no intention of having friends, but lately I may be rethinking this especially if you come because of interest from my blog. I should open all this up more. And especially since I keep writing about we need a new major party to replace the current ones.

I have a twitter account under dallasareaopin, but rarely us it. This evening In an experiment I tweeted to @ realdonald trump “do you prefer sunni or shi’ite?” And yes this is a trick question, but I doubt he will answer it. If he does, this could be some real interesting fun.  Whether he answers it or not, if I get my act together, the next blog is going to be titled “The real problem of Donald Trump and Islam”  And it will be one of my attempts where I try to be a bit serious and discuss some deep rooted issues. I thought about it today, but remembered I wanted to post about this fifth anniversary. By tomorrow I may have forgotten all my “wonderful” ideas and oops.

Wait you say, maybe you should write it tonight and then post it later,  oh    oh  stop, my gut is hurting from laughing so hard. Me, actually be productive or efficient,,,,, oh the tears from the laughter won’t stop.

One thing I am somewhat proud is I have managed to partially follow through on what I said I would do in my inaugural post. I did post a header that I changed. Too bad I didn’t keep the original for posterity.

And every now and then I will try and do something different. Well I will try. I liked my story idea, but I think I dragged it out a bit too much. I wanted to paint a full picture, but hard to maintain consistency when you write it sporadically. Somehow though I think there is something there where you write for the moment on the same idea. Who knows?

There is one story still on Smashwords and I am about to add another one. I just need to find someone tech artistic to teach me so I can create covers that meet their requirements for size etc so I can get on the major ereader retail platforms. I was told to try Gimp I think.
So again thank you very much and I hope I can be entertaining enough or thought provoking enough or just plain crazy enough for you to continue to come back regularly or just every now and then. You are always welcome to email me at dallasareaopinion@gmail.com.

It is way too beautiful outside here in North Texas these last few days and will continue for a bit more. Yes it is Texas so we get Spring in December occasionally. I hope there is a bit of some beautiful weather where you are, even if it is a snow covered landscape and not too freezing (or just plain icy).

And please remember no matter how you believe we came about, think about the wonder of who we are and what we can do if we put our minds to it. And whether you believe or not remember wherever you see an unselfish act of love you are seeing our Creator.   Santa Claus does exist and he does for 365 days a year not just one.                             Peace Love and Joy to all.





Also something I know nothing about is cookies, but apparently the Google people say I have to tell people in the EU there are or might be cookies. Heck I do not even know what I am suppose to say, but I can say I haven't added anything beyond whatever crazy amount of cookies Google has on their sights and this is technically on one of their sites. 

arrrivederci, adios, auf weidersehen, au revoir, adeus, do widzeniaпрощание, הֱיה שלום okay I am going a bit crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment