Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Today December 2


This morning I decided I was going to write a post this evening and I was debating whether to finish the story or write about Donald Trump basically proving we are all idiots.

Now I am at a lost because of the shooting situation in San Bernardino today. And this situation is obviously much different than what happened in Colorado last week. And of course my simplistic reasoning as to one of the reasons that causes people like Mr. Dear to lose it probably doesn’t apply to the people today.

Of course with both situations there is much to learn. We will want to learn about the people, who they are, their motives, etc…  but will we ever learn what drove them to make these decisions or put them on the life path that pushed them to live out these horrendous acts.

I hope so since maybe we can use this information to help others avoid the pitfalls that cause people to get this disconnected from life and humanity. Even if what we learn is only usable in indirect encounters with people distancing themselves from society it could be useful. I will venture out and say people who are engaged with life, people, and living are not acting out this irrationally.  Something clicks off in their brain at some point in their life and they head down a destructive path and based on the shootings, isolation from others is one symptom.

A few months ago I struggled ( and I do mean struggled, I could never really say what I wanted to say,) through a series of posts about the importance of family. I am not saying this is a cure all for these people, but at some point having family around can help. I do know that sometimes some people are so afflicted that families struggle with how to help and even the medical community has few answers. These people do tend to get recognized and there is some attempts to help them.

It is the people that isolate themselves completely; that do not exhibit outwardly irrational acts until they end up creating these incidents. As always stereo typing people is dangerous. Some people can be very introverted and overall are healthy in mind body and soul. They prefer solace to excessive extraneous activity. So when working through what we need to do; we always need to work from the philosophy of innocent until proven guilty. We cannot assume we know people and we cannot assume we do not know people. We have to go on sound reasoning so we do not label people and cause a different set of problems. One of the more popular examples of this dichotomy is the book and movie A Clockwork Orange.   Where do we draw the line in addressing people who are not behaving in a “normal” fashion?  At this point in the evolutionary line of human development we do not seem to know yet.

So before we all jump to conclusions etc,,, lets take the time to study what is happening in our society to start the slow methodical process of finding the correct answers to avoid people even getting to the point where they even think this is the only answer in their lives. Or the only answer to whatever demon problem that has developed in their head.  This will not be easy and not popular. We demand answers now. I think for what is happening to us with all the mass shootings it is going to take much more work than we are ready to do.

I will get back to my Donald Trump bashing another day. And I always had the ending to my story in my head. I just need to bring it to the conclusion.


Today pray for the people in San Bernardino, the families of the murdered, the recovery of the wounded, the law enforcement personnel, and anyone else affected by this tragedy. And let us begin the hard work of finding out the whys so we can find out who we truly are so to avoid all this in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment