Thursday, July 7, 2016

Open letter to Mr. Cuban



and then some un necessary advice

First:

Mr. Cuban,

Please start today, this year with a new mantra. I want a great team. Please say it again and again, I will help you. I want a great team. I do not need the flashiest free agent, I want a great team.

I do not need the flashiest free agent; I want a great team.

If you start now, maybe by next year you will be better prepared for free agency July 2017.

Yours truly,

A fanatic and concerned fan

And now for some unsolicited advice to someone who has more skins in the game than I can imagine, who has 2,000,000 to the 2,000,000th  more basketball knowledge than I. I just wanted to suggest to Coach Carlisle that at times you might be able to still consider #41 a starter, but have him come off the bench against certain teams. Think about times when you are playing bruising power forwards with weak benches. You can start Powell at the 4, let him go toe to toe with the 4 and then have Dirk come in and light up the score board off the bench for 20 or so minutes. Yes I know this won’t work for most teams, but this might help manage some of his minutes for the next two years so we get the most out of him come April, May etc….

I am confident you will be able to guide this team to another playoff run. You always do so well with what you are given. I am hoping we might find a wing player that is real strong on defense to help Matthews and then as described above with a few games off preserve Dirk as best as possible throughout the year because unlike others I feel if a few things were different we would have had better opportunities in the playoffs lately and I think if we get another strong young wing we have good potential going forward. I think Matthews, Barnes, Anderson, and Harris to back them up give us a solid base; I just ask you kick Mr. Nelson in the shin to get another complimentary athletic player for the wing.  I know you need a good third point guard for the mix also, but if I may be so bold the wing player would be a great addition

I see 60+ points from starters and 30+ from bench, we just need to hold other teams to less than 100 on a regular basis. 

Have a great summer


Yours truly

A fanatic and half glass full fan


No comments:

Post a Comment