Sunday, July 17, 2016

There is so much on so many levels..

..that suck

Where does a person start? I was pretty much in a foul mood before this weekend started and wow, talk about life putting so much into and normally I would say perspective, but I am to the point where I do not know where perspective is right now. So where is everything being put. Well hell in a handbasket again comes to mind.

I was going to write about Gov. Pence being chosen the presumptive VP and I will get to this in a moment.

First though I am glad I am not a citizen of Turkey. Normally this isn’t a country that is on my radar much, but from what I understood before Friday President Erdogan was consolidating power and certain freedoms such as speech, dissent, and the press were starting to disappear.  Now I am never in favor of a military coup even if it is ostensibly to bring back democratic processes as long as the country is still electing the political leaders. Yet one has to wonder were they ahead of the game or just another set of despots? Either way or no matter which side won (apparently Erdogan) the average citizen is going to be losing their political and general rights going forward. I think the general consensus his he will use this as an excuse to clamp down on any and all opposition.  Of course any military dictatorship would be doing the same thing. Just not a great time for the average Joe in Turkey.

And then this morning more police shootings. And in Baton Rouge of all places. Now do we know if this was a targeted attack on police officers I do not know. Honestly I have been so busy this afternoon I haven’t seen a news update since around 3. I definitely do not want to jump to conclusions and the last reports I saw were people trying not to jump to conclusions.  Could this be a real attack? That is one horror we will have to deal with; or is this like Dallas where a person with some serious issues uses the racial issues to relieve the inner demons tormenting their brain? First of all, there is still much to learn about the Dallas situation and we are over a week past the original night. And then there were some reports what happened in Baton Rouge was the police being called to a developing situation. I think those reports are incorrect, however, I am not 100% sure. Last I heard though they were determining it was just one person.

And on a side note and especially since this may have been one gunman with an unclear motive and going back to the Dallas situation. We have got to do more for mental illness in this country. I do not know if it is me, yet we study everything on and off this planet, but the one biological function on this planet that is the most complex we just don’t seem to study enough. In fact, it is the brain that studies everything except well itself. I do know there are scientists and physicians that do study the brain, yet there is more going on in our heads that we have yet to even begin to understand. So again why aren’t we addressing mental illness more in this country? And that is not a rhetorical question.

And so we gather together, pray for and console the families and the survivors and our wondrous leaders speak and say wonderful words and we are back to square one. This could all happen again tomorrow.

And now I come to a point I want to make, yet doing so I give away something I want to use in my next installment of the story I keep trying to write. So here goes the general statement, there is a danger when a government that is supposed to be self-governing by the people become disenfranchised by their own inaction and allow a small set of people that have only their concerns take over the general wellbeing of said government. Obviously I am talking about the infamous 1% and our little angst and suspicions that they buy off Congress for their own good. When the people relinquish their responsibility to others then we end up with what we have today. A very disjointed country with hatreds, prejudices, an ugly history all rearing its head and all off it against ourselves. It does no one any good for racial strife to continue in this country, yet it continues fed by ignorance and hate. And when the leadership is so inclined to pay attention only to the people paying attention to them, the needs of the people are forgotten.(and people mention this all the time and it still continues) Yes, many politicians will say we need action, yet it is their inaction over decades, their lack of leadership to move the country forward instead of being self-serving that is partly responsible for the downward cycle into this morass we see now. And yes it is our responsibility, too;, for not speaking up earlier against the continuation of the past and like I mentioned before us relinquishing our responsibilities and letting others have their way, we cannot complain. We are forced to act now, but we cannot complain. If we want to continue to be a self-governing people we need to start taking back our country.

And on another secondary note, I will be starting off my next installment with a quote. I will challenge you on this quote. I want to you to figure who said this and when. I will have to leave a few words out through the couple of sentences involved so as not to tip off the time frame too easily. I hope you read and research the quote. It will be interesting to note what was said and when and how it applies to today’s world. There will be more than what I quote that will not be directly discussed, but hopefully comes out in the story. The quote is not directly related to the story. It is only a partial relationship. And I am keeping to my word and only working on the story when I actually sit down to write. I just ran across this piece while reading the other night and thought it might fit. The actual story will move directly from the last post.

And back to why I originally became in a foul mood. Okay wait stop, also as part of my driving around today I saw a very horrible accident. I am trying to type my Pence thoughts so I didn’t see the ten o’clock news so I do not know if it was reported, but it was definitely an unsettling sight.  Again if you are going to pray for the people shot by the police and their families, the police and their families in Dallas and Baton Rouge and for the forgiveness of the souls of the two men who created the two tragedies, please add whoever was in this accident. There was a completely burnt car draped over the median wall of the highway, a light pole knocked over and some other vehicles on the other side of the highway I could not see over the median wall. All in all it was a horrible day for these families also.

And as you know I am outright against Mr. Trump and Ms. Clinton being President of our fair country. I, as many of you, feel we just do not have a valid choice for leadership amongst the two. I have expressed here and on the message boards of the internet news sights my displeasure with this choice. We are not choosing the lesser of two evils with this election we are choosing the horror of the results of giving up our country. How can anyone honestly feel Mr. Trump can act rationally based on what we have seen in the primaries? How can anyone flat out believe anything Ms. Clinton says at any given point? They are both narcissistic egoistic people who only want to be President so they can be President. Let’s not get into the seriously flawed what pretends to be platform either one of them is espousing, just who they are is crazy. We are about to elect by popular vote someone who gets votes based on who the majority of this country decides which opponent they hate more. Really folks this is how it is shaking out.

Anyway you know my feelings there, sorry to bore you with them again. Like I said I am in a foul mood. And so you ask, why are you upset about the Pence choice? Well maybe you didn’t ask, but what the heck I am going to answer anyway. Yep I am in a foul mood.

So Mr. Trump capitulates a bit and chooses someone who seems a compromise candidate to the hard right Republican base. Is he giving in? Is he showing he can work with people? I really don’t care. What happens now is the possibility of a brokered convention is weakened. And yes I wanted a fight on the convention floor so to speak. Now we have to be careful, I am not talking about real violence, but a good hard core political fight. Lots of votes, lots of accusations, lots of finger pointing and a result that leaves Trump out of the race or at the very least a split party where only his hard core base is left supporting him. Anyway somehow some way we get back to even though I detest the thought of what is called a lesser or two evil choice type candidate as the Republican nominee.

Does this mean I want it to get so crazy that it lets Ms. Clinton get handed the election? NO! I want the Democrats to look at how bad of a choice Ms. Clinton is and that enough delegates take a good hard look at the Republican convention and decide that doing the right thing is the right thing and blow that convention up (metaphorically speaking of course) sheesh got to be careful in today’s environment, but I do want to say how strong of an action I would like to see. And it gets crazy, lots of floor votes, lots of political infighting and the Democrats produce a detestable, but salvageable lesser of two evils choice.

And as you know I hate the lesser of two evil choices, I feel us choosing this route is one of the reasons we arrived at where we are today politically, but hopefully this time we can slow down the ship before it falls off the cliff to maybe buy us the time to actually learn something from this year and do something better in 2020.

By choosing Pence the hope of last minute rationality creeping into both conventions is now weakened and we are now stuck with horror being elected President of this country in November. I did see one article today that mentioned how it may be still possible, still far fetched, but possible that a third party candidate could get on the ballet. Two problems, still no one anyone wants to vote FOR has materialized and two there would have to be much court action to override some of the State deadlines for getting on the ballet. If only, if only, if only………….

Well enough said, it is late, this has gone long and I always want to be positive and nothing about these past 72 hours even portends to be positive. And I didn’t even talk about Nice in France. WOW.


Long live the Constitution, the Constitution is dying.   Please let this be a nightmare from which I can wake!

No comments:

Post a Comment