Saturday, November 12, 2016

This is sad on my part, plus some other info



Well Veteran's Day was yesterday and I didn't do a "shout out" or post to celebrate the day. This is sad because many members of my family are or were Veterans. This includes my brother, one of my nephews, my Dad, my Granddad, Uncles, Great Uncles, and it goes back much much further in our family history.

So a belated acknowledgment to all those who have served our country so well. Many thanks for what you have done.

______________________________________________________________________________


I have started a project to help you and I out. I am working on a reference page. This is becoming much more time consuming than I thought it would be. I have to read the post to remember what it is about so I can place it under the category(ies) I have created. This is under pages, not posts. It is ongoing. I am making it available to read now even though it is no where near complete. As I work on it I discover I may need to make changes, yet at this point I haven't. One change that may be coming right away is I think I am entering each post under too many categories. I have to think about this some.

Anyway you can watch it build over time. The first few posts I wrote are entered. I am working on it from the time I started to present.

_____________________________________________________________________________
I haven't commented much on the election. I do have many thoughts. I am not going to complain or protest. I didn't like either major candidate so I feel we lost both ways.

I do want to try and work forward positively so I have a post I want to create for the Democrats for their future. And they need to be open minded if they read it. This is going to be a difficult post to write because I want to offer some constructive criticism for their future and yet to do that I will have to be somewhat critical of what they did this election cycle. And it is going to have some elements that might sound like I am saying I told you so.

To write this post though I wanted to bring up some comments I made in posts two or so years ago. One reason I started my reference page. Again not to say I told you so rather to show there were signs that change was needed going into this election. The Republicans did some soul searching after 2012 and had some good ideas. This year though they decided to go with the win now approach and nominated Mr. Trump and threw their blueprint for the future out the window. That is another post for another day.

In the near future I want to write about the Democrats. And you may ask I thought you are an independent conservative, and I am, why are you wanting to help the Democrats. I have two reasons. One I believe in a balanced view. There are times when we need to push the envelope and move the country forward and there are times when we need to reign in ourselves and conserve what we have. As you know I believe neither party is truly liberal or truly conservative. They are just beholden to verbiage to make their bases believe what they want. Both parties at the National level are self serving.  And the second reason is my Dad was a democrat and a true liberal democrat. So as a young teen I was into the Kennedy mold of what a Democrat should be, however, by college I was becoming more and more an independent conservative. Yet in my Dad's memory I would like to see the Democratic party act more upon certain beliefs than the current version.

There is much to say about what is happening in the Democrat party. I am just going to wait till I get all the info together. This post may not happen for awhile which may be better since it seems the Democrat party is having a hard time accepting some truths right now. One immediate concern is they are making the Trump supporters look awful smart right now.

And one thing I want to say right away is not everyone that supported Mr. Trump is alt-right and Ms. Clinton made some serious mistakes by lumping all Trump supporters under that umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment