Sunday, November 6, 2016

This won’t come as a surprise and yet..


Well we all know the election is this Tuesday. And in case you want to vote for President and do not want to feel like you need a shower afterwards or worse here are some options.

First I am throwing Gary Johnson out of the picture. He had a chance to make a name for the Libertarians on the National scene and he just blew it. To quote Trump: sad. His complete lack of understanding the world around him was incredulous. And I know there are many esoteric people in the Libertarian Party, but if they wanted to further their cause they need to enlighten themselves.

And yet in my humble opinion you can vote your principles and not be bullied by everyone who says you are wasting your vote. In fact, I believe that everyone voting for Trump or Clinton is wasting their vote, but they won’t hear of it (and yes I know one of them is going to win. It is still wasting your vote.) I just cannot imagine a world run by either of those two megalomaniacs. They both lie about each other so much it is beyond the pale. They accuse each other of so much that neither can keep track of what they said. The only time either is telling the truth is when they are calling the other one a liar or a crook. So if you want to vote FOR someone to be President and not vote against someone here are two potential choices

If you are a liberal the Green candidate Jill Stein shows some semblance of being a real person. I do not know much about her, but she isn’t blowing it like Johnson and the Green party carries a consistent message.

Not everyone can vote for the conservative choice, however, he is on the ballot in 11 states and you can write him in on the ballot on 23 more states. Evan McMullin is the conservative choice. He is still a Republican in some of his policies and yet he does offer some credibility as an independent.  Unlike Trump his conservative credentials are real.

I voted early for the first time in my life. I always felt proud to vote on election day, however, this year has scared much more than the crap out of me so I wanted to get it done. And yes I have gone over thirty years not voting for a Democrat or Republican in a National election and this year was no different. Since I claim to be an independent conservative I guess you know which candidate received my vote. Just remember your vote is your business only. You do not have to tell anyone.

Finally my advice to you is to vote as early as possible in the morning if you did not early vote. I still see a rough day at the very least and if you read my hastily written last short story you know my deepest fears. Headlines about the FBI are not helping.

This country is still the greatest. I just hope we find a true way to keep it such.  



Dak v. Tony???????????????????????????????????????????????????????. And the weather here in North Texas is just beautiful right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment