Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Paranoid Posts briefly revised and other stuff


I read an article the other day that said Russia and the USA owned 90% of the world’s nuclear arsenal. Well I do not know how true that is (you know … facts nowadays), but it got me to wondering. What if all these accusations about Russia and Trump were a bit different than presumed by the I know more than you elite liberals.

Let’s say one day Donnie boy and Vlad were hanging out doing shots of cheap potato liquor and playing Risk. The board game Risk.(it is a copyrighted game) For those of you who don’t know, this is where you can conquer the world with little plastic pieces and dice. Unfortunately, no nukes, but Vlad says Donnie let us do this for real. You run for President, I help you win and we slice and dice up the globe like we are today; only this time it is for keeps. Donnie loving the cheap shots agrees whole heartedly. And lo and behold we now have Russia stepping up the aggression in Ukraine while Mr. Trump builds walls on our southern border because every good risk player knows capturing Ukraine is one of the keys to Asia and Europe to receive all the extra bonus armies. I bet Vlad won the original game that afternoon because sooner or later owning Asia and Europe gives you much more bonus armies than South America. And there is a great advantage to have extra armies to lose in the throwing of dice or maybe nukes.


There is this car commercial about the car buying experience sucking,,,, the commercial sucks.

Come Sunday while Ukraine falls to team Asia because of the 6s Vlad throws; America will be watching something called the big game. My thoughts are why do so many people care when their team is not in it. And yes I am a hypocrite, I will be watching, but the fanfare and hoopla beforehand is still beyond belief. I am an unabashed Cowboys fan so once they lost my level of football watching tumbles to almost nothing. And again I am amazed at how many people who don’t follow football will be watching, just because it is the big game and the big party.  Can you name more than one or two players on either team?  Seriously I can’t. If my team was in it, I grant you I would be preoccupied with everything going on, but otherwise why are so many people obsessed with teams they normally do not care about. Confounds me.

And yes I would like to see Atlanta win, I hope they do. And I hope they win overwhelmingly. I mean straight forward ugly rout. My fear(this is the paranoid posts) is the opposite will happen. I fear it will be over quickly and won’t be merciful until late in the second half. Whatever the result only the fans in two different cities or regions will really care. The rest of us will get up and go to work on Monday and discuss ads and music.
And supposedly it will be a big deal out sin city way, there will be betting mania on all sorts of craziness or at least that is what the good doctor use to describe many years ago. Whether it still goes on that way, I do not know. One day I may head out there for this weekend and find out for myself, yet even then I will probably stick to very basic bets on the game.

I can only hope that someday soon I will get to say go Cowboys on the first Sunday in February. And yes on that day I will care.

Jon Daly is off his game, if not a bit off. He rambled around on TV tonight and eventually ended with a half way decent point. I hope for better than his eventual point, yet at least we can hang onto that hope as a last resort.

I know everyone is talking about the legalization of marijuana, yet the problem for the liberals is most potheads cannot keep up with crack heads and meth addicts which seems to be the drug of choice for a different crowd nowadays.  While the liberals are all running around being cool, the rug is being pulled out from under them by people moving much much faster than they can imagine. Only problem is meth tends to burn people out very quickly while making them very mean and eventually taking out large swaths of others with them. The liberals and unfortunately the rest of us are in very serious trouble.

The better half is not talking to me anymore, she feels I have gone completely doomsday in my thoughts and is tired of all my fear mongering. Why can’t we give him a chance she asks? So I tried and then I remembered his current address on Pennsylvania Avenue.

The more technologically advanced we become, the more we screw ourselves. Sheesh everything is being hacked and we just give away our access like flower petals. And the more convenient it is, the easier for the bad guys. Trump is right, maybe less on computers is better. Easier to hide secrets, paper can be burned.


And as I always say there is a difference between being conservative and being far right. The verbiage gets played on the same record sometimes, but the end of the album is completely different.

And finally I need to pull my head out of my backend. I recently wrote a post about a wonderful future of space exploration and exploitation. And oops, there is a show on the Syfy channel that has taken that thought to full fruition with normal human conflict and everything else. I saw the ad for the show the other night. Oh well, two years behind as always.


It is too warm here in North Texas for January for too long. Hate to see two ultra-mild winters in a row. It is nice to have a bit of snow every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment