Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Hillary Clinton is killing the Democrats chances for 2018.

I know what you are saying. What??!!?!? Didn’t you promise you would be more positive again in your last post. And I am. Yes, folks it is time for the Democrats to give up the ghost. And I am going to give them some straight honest advice this evening.

And others of you are saying why give the Democrats good advice. I thought you didn’t vote Democrat or Republican. And I don’t. And I won’t. If God, the most perfect version of God you can think of decided to run for office I would beg God to run as an independent because if God ran as a Democrat or Republican I still do not think I could vote for God.  I am going to give good advice to the Democrats though.  

First, they must put Hillary Clinton on a shelf. They can walk by and smile or wave at her. Say hi, but put her on the shelf. It is time. I know there are many Democrats who will stop reading because I said this, yet it must be said. I know many think we should have a woman President and I do not disagree with having a woman President. It will never be Ms. Clinton. It amazes me how much tunnel vision the Establishment Democrats possess. They do not understand that many Americans really do not like her. And we aren’t talking the gossip at the Cocktail party dislike, we are talking actual dislike. Time to move on. And you are appropriately saying this is old news. It is, yet her new book is putting her back in the headlines so we must squash false hope.

Second, they need new leadership across the board. Clinton, Pelosi, Schumer etc… are dead weight. Think about this, the most exciting candidate other than Obama for the lasts twenty years is 70-year-old Bernie Sanders. He is the only other candidate to achieve any real energy level in his crowds. People got excited about him. Who else had that much excitement? And he is 70+.  As a casual observer I cannot see who is ready to step up. And the fact there is not a large amount of well-known potential leadership talent in the party right now is very telling.

Third, develop a new platform. The Democrats haven’t had a new idea since the 1960’s. I have harped on this before, but it is still needed. Clinton’s platform was a disastrous array of hodgepodge slogans.  And this is made more profound because the Democrats do not have a true base. They almost had one in the 50’s and 60’s. They have run away from this ever since.  The Republicans had a base and still have the remnants of one because Republicans are joiners. They want to be part of the club so they stick around. Democrats or what might be called Democrats not so much. The closest they had to joiners was the union members. They let Union strength die and along with it their best chance at having any consistent base. The Democrats have let down the Unions, the working class in general, the middle class, minorities, and other hodgepodge groups. They tried being the party to all the different groups instead of trying to solidify a platform that benefited all. If they had worked hard at protecting the Unions, jobs, wages, better education then they could have kept up a base. If by any chance you think they have a base, well my answer is look at wealth gap and quality of education. These should have been the cornerstone of everything they do, yet… where are we now. The Democrats need a new platform.

For example: The War on Poverty is a great idea, but their ideas to combat it are equivalent to popping balloons on a real battlefield to make the enemy think someone is actually shooting. Poverty is worse now, it is engrained generationally and if education is bad for the middle class it is absurdly lacking for the lower class. The Democrats need new leadership, new ideas, and a new battleplan. They just do.

And speaking of the Democrats, middle class, working class, America, please email the 2 Senators from your state and tell them to vote no to the new version of the Republican Repeal plan for ACA (Obamacare).  This is the Graham-Cassidy bill. Be adamant about telling them to vote no. Make sure they understand this bill will cause expenses to rise, taxes to rise at the local, state, and national level. Tell them more people will be sick. Tell them they are taking away your livelihood. And these are not just sayings. These are facts. Tell them this bill is completely anti-American dream. If they vote yes, they are voting against you. Tell them.

We need healthcare reform. Unfortunately, Obamacare became insurance coverage reform. It did not address the rising costs of healthcare. It did not address the excessive amount of drug use coming from prescriptions. It did not address preventative medicine. Doctors need to be able to treat you as a patient for years. You need a regular relationship with a family doctor so they have your history, so they can know you as a person, be candid with you when necessary. Tell you the truth, when something is needed or where there are alternatives.  Obamacare did not help you have a better relationship with your doctor. It only allowed you to have insurance to see a Doctor. Doctor’s need help also with healthcare reform so they can be your Doctor, not the Doc in a box.

So, either the Democrats can step up and create healthcare reform as part of their new platform based on my comments above; or the Republicans can, or an independent group can; either way I do not care as long as someone actually creates healthcare reform. For now, we need to TELL our Senators to vote against the Graham-Cassidy bill. I do not care how much you love or hate Trump tell your Senator to vote no. This bill is not for the American people. For the life of me I cannot tell who it benefits. Some say it is a tax break for the wealthy, it maybe I do not know. In no way shape or form, does it address healthcare. Contact both of your Senators and TELL them to vote no.
Here is the link to look up the information for your Senator:


Copy and paste the info above and you will find the contact info. Some you can email, some have websites you can make comments. It is probably too late to mail them anything, yet you certainly can try. Do not delay, the vote will happen very very soon. Your first hint I am right is they are trying to rush this through. When someone doesn’t want you to think about it, it usually isn’t in your best interest.  This ain’t.

I have contacted each of my Senators by going to the States tab on the website above and clicking on my State (Texas) and going to where it says contact. I did and entered my message. Please do so also. I suggest being polite or at least professional. Ranting and ravings usually get ignored.

Do not take this lightly. The part of the Republican base that wants Obamacare repealed will be contacting their Senator. They do this regularly so the Senators’ staffs know some of these people. You must make the effort and it only takes about five minutes. And pass it on. You do not have to agree with me about much, yet I implore you to make this effort because this bill does not benefit you or me.

And I will be coming back to my story soon. I was out of town for a while so I lost track of it. I plan on rereading through it to catch up and then move forward. I do know where I want it to end so just got to flesh it out.  Have a great evening and again call, email, comment, mail or however you want to contact your Senators, just let them know, to vote no.



No comments:

Post a Comment