Sunday, September 10, 2017

I know Irma is hitting Florida, yet got distracted

First I want to recognize that what is happening in Florida, happened in Houston, the wildfires out west , and the earthquake in Mexico are much more important that trite political comments so I hope people understand I understand the gravity of the situation happening to many people, yet I have been working on my reference page for this blog while watching the cable news on Irma and also reading other news and one story just got to me.

There was a story on a member of the Freedom Caucus in the House of Representatives saying the Republican leadership didn’t give Trump a better choice or better options so he had to make a deal with the Democrats.

My apologies to the victims of all these natural disasters that I am not keeping them first in my thoughts today and my sincere apologies to the Eurythmics for this, but it came into my head while reading the story:

                                Here comes the blame again
                                Falling on my head like a p p rain
                                Falling on my head like a new bowel movement
                                I want to walk in public discourse
                                I want to talk like people do
                                I want to talk governance
                                Is it raining with you

                                So baby talk to me
                                Like people do
                                Work with me
                                Like adults do
                                Talk to me
                                Like people do

                                Here comes the blame again
                                Raining in my head like a tragedy
                                Tearing us apart like they want to do
                                I want to hear rational
                                I want to hear reasonable
                                I want to dive into common sense

                                Is it raining with you

                                So baby talk to me
                                Like people do

Yes my apologies to the Eurythmics, but the finger pointing in Washington is doing as much damage to the country as the natural disasters, unfortunately it is just not as visible.

Can we get Representatives and Senators and Presidents and citizens to realize we should govern as well as we help each other in these natural disasters? America is great, we prove it in times like these, why can’t we take this same attitude and do the daily work of governance?

Hang tight Florida, everyone wants you to get through this.


No comments:

Post a Comment