Wednesday, September 27, 2017

It’s The Constitution

I wasn’t going to write about the NFL, athletes, the President, etc… on the whole kneeling thing, the flag, what is un-American and so forth. I have been very angry. And for reasons that very few are putting into words or very few I have seen.  Yet, here I go.

Our flag is our flag. It is a symbol, but it is not who we are as a country. If you are more worried about how people treat the flag than how people treat the Constitution, why are you worried about the flag. The Flag shows the world a marker. It identifies us to others. It does not define us or it shouldn’t. Yes, we can by proud of it as a symbol; we can salute it; we can even cherish it. We cannot use this as an end all way to define who is American and who is not.

Belief and living our Constitution is what should define us as citizens of the United States. So, what does it mean to be a citizen of the United States or an “American”?

Well if you are part of the hate either on the left, right or wherever, you are not an American.
If you complain, rant and rave, yet do nothing to help find solutions you are not an American.
If you hear a good idea and do not pursue it, what are you?
If you ignore the plight of others, what are you?

Our beliefs and values include the idea that all men are created equal, and we put this in practice by striving for equal opportunity.

If you deride others for uncontrolled failures, what does that say about you.
If you blame others for your lack of accomplishments, what does that say about you.

And if you say, what about you, are you being hypocritical, what have you done. I agree. At times most of us are hypocritical. The main factor is how you look at the situation and how you proceed. Granted I could do more, yet I honestly try to offer ideas. I talk to people at work and other places. I am not afraid to tell people I am an independent and that the Democrats and Republicans have failed us. Am I right, who knows, but I at least try. I look for better governance and most times when I write; indirectly that is what I am asking you to do. We all have our faults, but we shouldn’t drag down a whole country, especially one that is blessed as ours. We have a duty as citizens of a representative republic to make sure we choose representatives who do the best for the whole. Sometimes that will benefit certain groups, other times it may not benefit us directly, yet if it benefits the whole country we will gain.

This is the 21st century, we should be reaching new heights in human achievement, not devolving back centuries. We must accept our failures and rise above them. Our Constitution gave us the ability to move forward, to create a great country; where people choose the best course for the people, not be pushed around by dictators, oligarchs, extremism, special interests, hate, mob mentality, etc….It is time to get back on course and support what is important.

Standing for the Flag or National anthem is a great way to show support for our country, but by no means is it the only way or the most important way. It is by our actions that we show we are patriotic. It is by what we do for the country as a whole, not by the noise we make. If you do something because you want to right a wrong, by all means do it within the law of the land. 
 
Our Constitution is what we should cherish above all else when it comes to who we are as a country. I ask you to make a difference. I write under the name of this blog, but if you ever want to discuss with me my ideas or work with me to start another major party, please let me know. I have reached out to other organizations before and I will continue if I see something positive being done.

Overall, I hope that we can grow past this insanity. You cannot put the blame on one person, because we would not have gotten to this point if WE hadn’t let it happen. It will take a large majority of us to right the ship and put us back on the course of greatness. Don’t wait for someone else to do it. It is up to you and me.





No comments:

Post a Comment