Monday, September 9, 2019

It appears I may be correct


Well for some things and if you count stretching stuff and maybe I might get some more topics correct…

Yet seriously, a couple of events have me going I told you, I told you

There is an article originally on I think Business Insider or some site called Axios where the Democrats are preparing an “embarrassing dossier” (there’s that word again) on Donald Trump. On the surface it looks like a gathering of the shallow items I keep telling the Democrats to avoid. A deeper read suggests they are realistically looking at where he is missing the boat and his policy failures. (forehead slap time). Are they becoming aware???? There seems to be much interest in all the lawsuits Trump is involved and it is to be unflattering, yet, according to the article “it is to make it about Trump’s performance, not his bigotry or his awfulness”. Okay who sold the Democrats a clue?  It seems to be circulated by the Associated Press also.

And as you know I have said the current economic situation, continued wealth gap, stagnant wages, the decline of our middle and working class is some of this country’s biggest problems. And lo and behold, rich and educated people seem to be agreeing with me. So much so, there is a website with podcasts and blogs dedicated to helping people understand this problem. They are not exactly on the same page as myself, yet they are producing content that is music to my ears. And they are much more articulate, well produced, and creative than I. I definitely recommend the site and hopefully they continue to attract a larger audience so we can get new leadership in our country to right our wonderful ship back onto a better path for mankind in general. The website is: pitchforkeconomics.com   Enjoy!

And now for predictions sure to go south. And I usually make my season forecast for the Cowboys before the first game so it may seem I am cheating to make a prediction after the first game. And since I think there are going to go 10-6 it might surprise you even more. I thought this yesterday morning leaning towards a possible 9-7 record. Honestly I do not know now. The Giants made way too many mistakes, a couple of calls went the Cowboys way, but nothing that would have changed the overall game too much. They did look good. Philly looked good coming back like they did. This will be interesting. If the Cowboys win the East, they will need to be 11-5 or better. Are they there yet? It will take a few more games to really see. They may prove me wrong and go 11-5 or even 12-4. I am still going with 10-6 and a wildcard birth. I do think they will win a playoff game or two. Their big game chances are still under 25% in my book, not out of the realm of possibility, but who knows. The one true prediction I can make is if Dak has truly turned the corner as a quarterback then they may be a much higher favorite to win it all.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment