Monday, September 20, 2021

To be the gentry and the serf at the same time

 So if you ever want to start your own business or enterprise from scratch you are going to be responsible for pretty much everything at first.

Back when I was young and ambitious I did try to start my own business, I was somewhat successful for about a year. It takes much out of you so thinking about it again a few decades later is causing some confusion internally.

First of all, why bother? Yet this isn’t really a business, but an enterprise. I do not plan on trying to sell or build or be in service, but start a PAC. I do not think it will get off the ground and I have much research to do, yet somewhere in my burnt out synopsis something is crawling around chewing wires like a rat looking for higher ground that escaped the floods in N Y City. 

What to do? Quit my job and go full in? Register it and see if I can get someone to create a website with a purpose and see if anyone shows interest? To be successful currently it takes a serious understanding of creating an online presence and after ten years of this blog you would think I might have a sliver of an idea of some marketing, but no. I haven’t tried so I never spent time learning anything. 

I have no idea why this is spitting and sputtering through my brain. Well maybe a bit. I occasionally follow Nick Hanauer and his Pitchfork Economics website and blogs. Sometimes I hear information that I enjoy, yet lately I am frustrated with him and his organization. Now I do not dig deep, but for all  his pushing out of his agenda I am not really seeing a national uprising or at the very least a plan to put better public policy in front of legislatures or Congress. The little bit I do check it seems he may be pushing some ideas locally for him, but I do not see a large lobbying group in Congress to counter all the people he seems to attack or complain. 

Maybe I am missing something, but no where do I see large sums of money being spent on developing a new group to lobby Congress or whomever to put some better ideas in the public discussion. 

Nick Hanauer apparently has some wealth so he has the capability to do some of the work he does do, but I would think maybe him or people like him really need to put their money where there mouth is and start creating something more active, proactive and maybe akin to the Lincoln Project, well maybe not. There is another problem. We have some well connected people with some fun ads, but no real plan to develop some change. They love throwing Trump and Trumpism under the bus, but that does not get us anywhere, especially finding ways to get past Trump.

So this frustration creates a misfire here and there in my brain that maybe I should step up and create a better voice. The reason for the PAC is I could raise money to spend on ads etc. And my ads would attack the Republicans and Democrats for failing us across the board, but also offer alternative solutions or at least point some out. It would be an actual plan of action from all my ramblings over the years. I would also try to reach an audience that might be tired of politics in general to show them they are still needed for all of us to do well. Yes, folks, need serious messaging help here. 

Then again I am not young anymore, so I can do the research, but how far can I force myself into the water?  I am curious about myself now. Who knows?

Out of curiosity, any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment